Help required Best Bi-Focal Safety Glasses.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluffflinger

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking for a pair of good quality +2.0 bi focal safety specs. I've had some before but they didn't really ever have the optical properties I wanted and were very prone to scratches.

Are my only options polycarbonate?

I use them when undertaking all machine work as although I do have prescription reading glasses a simple +2.0 prescription gives me a focal length of about 60-70cm which I find ideal. I revert to my proper specs for hand work or if I want even better clarity albeit at a shorter focal length.

I have prescription vari-focals which are plastic (almost certainly polycarbonate I would think) with a hard coating. They resist scratching pretty well with sensible precautions, by which I mean always clean them with water with a drop of washing up liquid on the lenses, irrigate thorughly and make sure grit/dust is sluiced away before using a finger to remove grease, dry gently with a clean soft cloth and never ever put them down on the lenses. The hard coating certainly helps and I am sure you will be able to find some that have it using the web. Whatever you do, don't have glass.

Jim

Latest posts

Back