Help please with some electrics on extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening all , long story short I was given an extractor / hoover and worked out the brushes were shot , so replaced them and in the process I managed to break what appeared to be a graphite rectangular ring that had two wires wrapped around one of the sides . It was the two wires running from the motor to the switch . My question is is this likely to be a problem and required to be replaced or might it be alright .

Many thanks in advance .

Sam

No problem it will have no effect on the performance of the extractor. It is a radio frequency interference suppressor and you possibly won't be able to hear the radio when the extractor is running.

Glue it back together if you have the bits, use super glue, if you haven't got the bits don't worry.

Pete

Many thanks for the advice guys , I will give it a go with just the part , as said , when it is running I doubt any inteference will be a problem , once again thanks for the words of wisdom and will keep you posted .

cheers Sam

Latest posts

Back