Help needed from Denmark

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonne

Reaction score
Hi I'm Michael from Denmark and I'm going to be a cabinetmaker. I'm going to buy some tools for my toolbox and I'm going for the best tools I can. I need the tools as soon as possible.
I'm buying Lie Nielsen chisels, Dozuki saws, Veritas marking gauges, DMT diamond whetstones and an electronic caliper and more.
The only place (so far) I've found who has all these items are Axminster. Now I would like to know if anybody has good/bad experiences with Axminster (especially with over-seas delivery)?
Seeing as I'm going to spend £450-500, I want to be complety sure I'm doing the right thing BEFORE buying.
I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance :)

I can't comment on posting to Denmark, but as far as experience in buying from Axminster I can honestly say they are number 1 for service before and after buying from them.

Cheers

Dave

tisdai":irkm9pcm said:
I can't comment on posting to Denmark, but as far as experience in buying from Axminster I can honestly say they are number 1 for service before and after buying from them.

Cheers

Dave
Thank you :)
That is what I wanted to hear :D

Youe welcome Sonne, I believe they have a good following on here. All the best with the start-up m8, hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Cheers

Dave

P.S Welcome to the forum you should find any help you need on here :)

tisdai":2rzisgo9 said:
Youe welcome Sonne, I believe they have a good following on here. All the best with the start-up m8, hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Cheers

Dave

P.S Welcome to the forum you should find any help you need on here :)
Thank you...
I've just placed my order (£500) - here's hoping for a fast delivery (even though the weather isn't perfect)

Im sure one of our members from Norway uses Axminster and says they are good.

Having said that there was someone on here from Italy last week saying Axminster's courier had lost the parcel and it hadn't turned up after 3 weeks. But I think thats more down to the italian delivery drivers, they aren't great at following the rules of the road so probably for lost somewhere on their road system.

Chems":3iuu0lub said:
Im sure one of our members from Norway uses Axminster and says they are good.

Having said that there was someone on here from Italy last week saying Axminster's courier had lost the parcel and it hadn't turned up after 3 weeks. But I think thats more down to the italian delivery drivers, they aren't great at following the rules of the road so probably for lost somewhere on their road system.
Yeah let's hope so...
Can't wait to use my Lie Nielsen chisels, Dozuki pullsaws, Veritas marking guages and DMT whetstones :D

welcome to the nut house Sonne, as to APTC sending to Europe, no problems there.They send to me whereever I am working - to my client's address where I often am - as to the delivery firm - you have to keep on top of the tracking , and have a phone number that is always on damhikt :oops: then the delivery person can get in touch when they can't find you .

hth,

k

Axminster is probably the best place to get most of the tools that you'll need and there won't be any problem with shipping to the Continent. However, I'd also highly recommend Workshop Heaven, who will also ship across the water. Matthew's range of kit might not be so great as Axminster's, but the service is second to none - Rob

I use Axminster a lot, from France. Very fast (often two days!), very good quality, very cheap carriage and excellent before - and after - sales service.
Veritas marking kit is top-notch. Don't think Veritas or Lie Nielson make chisels, thank goodness, but we find the Bahco range (Danish, I believe!) excellent and we're professionals. Hope this helps.

Tim Nott":1rsfplg5 said:
I use Axminster a lot, from France. Very fast (often two days!), very good quality, very cheap carriage and excellent before - and after - sales service.
Veritas marking kit is top-notch. Don't think Veritas or Lie Nielson make chisels, thank goodness, but we find the Bahco range (Danish, I believe!) excellent and we're professionals. Hope this helps.
Bahco is swedish... Lie Nielsen Chisels are some of the best you'll find

woodbloke":1yg40mos said:
Axminster is probably the best place to get most of the tools that you'll need and there won't be any problem with shipping to the Continent. However, I'd also highly recommend Workshop Heaven, who will also ship across the water. Matthew's range of kit might not be so great as Axminster's, but the service is second to none - Rob
I don't think I have to buy anything anytime soon... Can't afford it either right now... Maybe in a couple of years hehe

I believe a lot of overseas buyers use Axminster. I have used them several times and i can only say that they've been excelent! Top marks!

Back