help identifying manufacture

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatboy

Established Member
Reaction score
I found this in a bin yesterday badly rusted and with a cracked blade but haven't been able to identify it. I've de rusted it and would quite like to get a new blade for it but don't know where to start looking. The only 'identifying' mark is No 15

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 120
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 120
Hi Fatboy, I feel as if I'm being rude calling you that.
Your nicely de-rusted tool looks like a concave spokeshave. These are being suggested as useful amongst the windsor chair making community. I think Veritas do one, there may be others. An interesting evening awaits you trawling the web for more information.
A good start may be with a search for 'concave shave', or 'concave spokeshave', via your favourite search engine.
HTH
xy

haha its been a nickname since I as at school - and I'm not particularly fat either so no offence taken!

I had already searched concave spokeshaves to try to identify the make, not that its that important, just trying to put a name to the maker really. The closest match I could find was a Sargent 22 spokeshave.

Thanks for the replies

Back