Help identifying a piece of furniture

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a cat in hell's chance of being from that era. It's a common or garden mass produced telephone bench/table probably from somewhere between 1950 and 1975. Solid wood parts are beech (probably) faked up to mimic mahogany and the rest is man-made board with, again probably, a mahogany substitute veneer, e.g., sapele or one of the merantis.

It's certainly no antique with significant intrinsic value. The only reason to fix it up would be if it has sentimental value for someone, but even then, er, hmmm, well. Slainte.
Your are absolutely right. Seems this variant with leather insert with gold tooling is from the 40's. In rest, wooden parts are beech, the top and the bottom are some sort of ply, good quality though.

One question still remains. I understand it's not a period piece, but what style does it imitate? Or is it a melange, a mixture of styles?

One question still remains. I understand it's not a period piece, but what style does it imitate? Or is it a melange, a mixture of styles?
No style in particular, but it sort of hints at vaguely Georgian up to early Victorian influences, i.e., roughly 1750 - 1850. At least that's the sort of UK centred type of reading: central/eastern Europeans might see it a bit differently. The piece could have been made in a factory or small batch making workshop almost anywhere, but most likely somewhere in either eastern Europe or eastern Asia would be my guess. Slainte.

No style in particular, but it sort of hints at vaguely Georgian up to early Victorian influences, i.e., roughly 1750 - 1850. At least that's the sort of UK centred type of reading: central/eastern Europeans might see it a bit differently. The piece could have been made in a factory or small batch making workshop almost anywhere, but most likely somewhere in either eastern Europe or eastern Asia would be my guess. Slainte.
Thank you very much for the info. Yes, from my side styles are seen a bit differently. UK styles are not well known here.

Back