help google new window

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

les chicken

Established Member
Reaction score
Using google for my search thingy, I have it set to open results chosen in new window. But the new window is always half screen, not a big problem but annoying. :x :x :( :(

Can someone advise how to set up so new window is full screen PLEASE.

Les

hi there,

try to open a new window by pressing on a search result on google - when the new window is open press on the square icon so the new window will be full screen, when it's full screen close that new window. now press on another search result link and it should open in the same size of the window you have closed last.

ps: i'm using msie, if you're using something else it may work different.

please let me know if it worked or not :)

Les when you open the window, maxamise it, then at the top LEFT hold shift and double click the small icon. This will close the window. Now try it again, hopefully you'll have a full size window.

Thanks for your suggestions guys, tried both methods a few times :( :( .

But on next selection it is still half a window. :evil: :evil:

Not a life saving situation I know but bloody annoying.

ps I am using IE6 have not had the inclination to download IE7 yet.

If I open a link in the forum that also opens in half a window.

Les

Les - I have had the same problem before.After several (dozen..) times of maximizing the second window before closing it,it then started opening full-size again.
Don't know why :? ;happened a couple of times and eventually self-righted on both occasions.

Andrew

Les, try what I suggested before but instead of maximising the window, try just resizing it to almost full screen. It should remember that setting. Not the best solution I know but will be better than what you have.

WiZer
Tried it and it seems to work OK. Many thanks it was driving me nuts :wink:

I wonder why it will not remember the full screen setting.

Les

les chicken":3by6x3lj said:
Using google for my search thingy, I have it set to open results chosen in new window. But the new window is always half screen, not a big problem but annoying. :x :x :( :(

Can someone advise how to set up so new window is full screen PLEASE.

Les

Les, or indeed anyone else, how do you configure Google to open in a new window, any size of window?

Thanks

Noel

I find it best to hold down either SHIFT for a new window whilst clicking OR hold down CTRL for a new tab whilst clicking. You can also click the middle mouse button (scroll wheel button) on a link if you want to open a new tab.

You specify 'open in new window' in preferences, found just to the right of the search text box.

My new window still keeps opening half size.

Sometimes it remembers how I resized it other times it does as it wants.

But this is only in google not the orange search machine :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :roll: :x :x

Les

I think it remembers the last window size. Try maximising a window, close it and search again. Having just tried it both ways, it worked for me.

edit: now I just read back, and I see this has been covered.

Back