Help From Axminster TS-200 Owners Please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NormanKing

Established Member
Reaction score
Having just sold my Big Record Table saw to BTR I still wanted a smaller saw for the odd DIY jobs etc.
I visited Axminster’s Sittingbourne shop today (apparently they are the official outlet for all Axminster “B” grade stock) and managed to bag myself an ex-showroom TS-200 table saw for just £225 which I thought was a bit of a bargain. (It looks brand new and still has a one year warranty).
One small problem I have is because I didn’t disassemble it and because it didn’t come with a manual I can’t seem to find any way of preventing the sliding table from running off the front and back of the carriage (or perhaps it should)?
I’d also like to know the exact placement of the carriage (how far it should protrude from the front of the table)
Also, the sliding table has two marker holes for 90 & 45 degrees. There is a removable pin in one hole but not the other. Should it have been supplied with two pins or one?
Finally, where does the mount for the blade guard dust pipe go and should the larger dust pipe have a mount of its own?
Thanks for any help in advance

Hi Norman, I have this saw, but I don't use my sliding table, but with regards to it sliding right off, well that's a benefit in my eyes. It means you can take it off quickly when you need to rip and put it back on just as quick when you need to crosscut again. This is how I'd set it up if I had the room for it in my 'shop.

You can download the manualfrom Axi's website.

That saw has been there for a while. It's worth what you paid but not much more IMHO. Not to say I'm not happy with mine, but as you may or may not have read, I did a bit of workon mine to get it 'right'.

Hi,

my sliding carriage rail had a couple of bolts with a domed head that sat in that central channel to stop it falling off - not pretty but it works. I found them a pain as I don't have room for the slidey bit to stay on all the time so keep taking it on and off which means undoing the bolts - I leave the front one off now

I think the carriage is placement is a personal thing - and depends on what size shape wood? I have it about in the middle

I got two pins - but I paid full price

I don't use the dust pipes so can't help there - good luck

cheers

Thanks for the info, that's answered all my questions. I'll contact Axi and get them to send me another pin and consider it sorted.

I did read your thread about fettling the saw but mine seems to be pretty well setup and certainly good enough for my needs. (I did think about a Kity 419 but that would have cost three times as much and been a complete waste for the limited DIY / Small projects I have in mind)

Back