help extending table runner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PETERG

Established Member
Reaction score
I have made a table and have decided to try metal table runners but i'm not sure i can use them because of the size i have made the table.

inbetween the rails is 700mm and each leaf is 450mm so overall the table when extended is 1350 can i use any of these extending table runners from hafele http://www.hafele.co.uk/Hafele35a1/temp ... led+length or should i go back to my original plan using wooded runners?

i hope someone can please help

thanks

There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to use one of the Hafele runner sets. You have plenty of room for the installed length between the rails at 700 mm. For example, catalogue number 642.56.659 requires 650 mm between the rails and gives an extended length 1023 mm. To get the overall length dimension you want you may have to adjust your leaf sizes to suit. For instance, the centre leaf for those runners needs to be 453 mm meaning your two outer leaves need to be 448.5 mm to achieve your desired 1350 mm.

If you want to use these runners the best thing to do would be to buy a pair and custom fit your table framing and leaves to suit. However, I think from your message you have already made the framing so this is fixed, but I think you can still use the Hafele runners with a bit of tweaking. If I remember rightly with these runners you have to open up the leaves and drop the middle leaf in place-- this means you need somewhere to store the middle leaf when it's not in use. You can design a storage spot withing the framework.

An alternative might be to construct a draw-leaf table, but with this style you are rather limited by the size of draw-leaf you can effectively and safely use when the leaves are open. Slainte.

Latest posts

Back