Help/Advice on Used Woodworking Equipment Updated with Pics

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inca Bandsaw Type 348.198

Run's without issue, but as can be seen in the photo has suffered heavy pitting to the cutting deck although this shouldn't affect the performance in any way. (could probably be replaced/repaired)

Not sure what 'accessories' go with this one, so looking for any ideas/assistance

Will get some pictures of the bench drill in due course (when the feeling in my hands returns!)

So I guess it's over to you guys, be gentle with me please!

MrW":1s2i3nbe said:
Thanks Dick

No, it doesn't have the swivel head

I have dozens of copies of Woodworker magazines as well, in fact boxes of them (all in proper binders!) If you have a quick route to it and can post it then it would be most appreciated!

That lathe is actually a bit earlier than I expected. Small (1/4 page or smaller) ads for the 17X37 start in 1981, then Woodworker for Sept 1982 has a half page advertisement for both the 17x37 and the Avon on page 606. They were obviously "testing the water" with the simpler model before going to the slightly more complex Avon.
If you want, I can probably scan the relevant page and post it for you.

The nice thing about selling old tools is that you'll know they will go to good homes to be used and cared for.

skippy75":21xhrjh4 said:
The nice thing about selling old tools is that you'll know they will go to good homes to be used and cared for.

That's just what I thought

The Inca has the depth stop fitted to the saw table - black rods and screw fittings

scroll down in this link to see an inca with the two other "fences" on the table

https://www.toshen.com/woodworking-reviews02-01.htm

One is a long flat aluminum bar
and the other if you have it is called a mitre fence - a metal protractor fitted to a steel bar that slides into the slots
in the saw table.
There are other things like circle cutting guides and micro fence adjuster - may be able to identify by the Inca type handle on locking screws .
Suggest google inca bandsaw and select the images tab - you should then get a few pictures to browse.
Without the fences the bandsaw is worth about £100. With them and if the micro-adjust is there on the main fence then £200 in good condition - the corrosion on the table will clean up.
In your picture I can see the steel angle bolted to the saw table , this is what the fence clamps to - so very likely the fence is around somewhere.

MrW":1a1fchdp said:
That would be great, thanks Dick
Here's a copy of the advert (Mods - if you think this breaches copyright, please take it down, but the original is over 20 years old and AFAIK, the company concerned no longer exists)

Tyme 1737.jpg

Attachments

• Tyme 1737.jpg
    Tyme 1737.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Back