Hello

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys. First of all I would like to thank all the members who have sent me PMs, e-mails and even contacted me through Facebook. I have been overwhelmed with the friendship that was so evident in all the messages. I never realised I had so many friends. It was very touching some of the messages I had from the newer members and as a result I feel I should return. It has always been my intention since I joined the forum to help the beginner. I remember when I got my first scroll saw and did not know which way up the blade went. We all had to learn and we all know how frustrating those first weeks can be so if I can help anyone along the way I will do so.

It has never been my intension to annoy anyone on the forum but now and again someone will take something out of context and then let loose with a torrent of abuse. I have read all the threads on the goodbye post and thank everyone for their support, however. I will not apologise to Scrollerman, his abusive comments go back a long way and many of the guys who have contacted me have had the same treatment from him so I feel it is he who needs to apologise to the many he has upset. I realise now that I made a hasty decision to leave and I regret that now but at the time I was fuming. In future I will just ignore any negative comments he makes.

Geoff,

do you know about the ignore button? You can use it so that you dont see any of his posts or replies unless somebody has quoted him and you see their posts.

Might be worth trying?

Mark

Hhi and welcome to the forum.

We had a bloke with a similar name on here. He was pretty sharp with a scroll saw from all accounts.

Joking aside, welcome back, look forward to seeing more of your work and reading your rather detailed how to threads.

Good to know you've come back to the forum Geoff.

As a wise man once said "Don't let the barstewards get you down" :!:

Keep going with the constructive advice you've given a lot of people and ignore those that don't return the favour.

Martin

Good on you Geoff, =D> look forward to your inspirational work, posts and helpful guides.

PS.... hope im not on your ignore button ;-)

Geoff.

Pleased to see your change of mind, advice given to me many years ago, and not original I know, but its “don’t let the b*****s grind you down”.

Take care.

Chris R.
PS. I would have emailed you, but I don’t know how to originate one from this forum, only how to reply. :?

Use the e-mail button in a post by Chippygeoff or from his profile.
mail.jpg

Attachments

• mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 772
CROESO : Welcome back Geoff, I am a relative Newbie and fellow Welshman. Glad your back.
Just use the ignore button if you need to.

john
Abertawe

Many thanks everyone for your kind word and encouragement. Johnny5. I am now in sunny Llandybie, moved from St Clears recently.

Geoff

I'm rurally pleased that sense had prevailed, I'm not much of a poster on this forum, but I do keep up to date with the posts.

Welcome back, even though you hadn't actually left.

Well I never did Geoff , good for you, I am now re employed again :D

I will be passing Swansea in 2 weeks time heading towards the gower, having a few days there, get the kettle on.
We are staying at Ystalyfera where I am having a couple of art lessons during my visit..

Hi Steve. Many thanks. I know Ystalyfere, been there many times. I hope the lessons go well, the kettle is always on here. You are officially now re-employed and I think a salary is in order.

Latest posts

Back