Hello

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boycey

Reaction score
Hi all -Alan here just joined up and setting up my retirement workshop
Im fairly new to woodworking machinery so hopefully lots to learn from others who no doubt are far more knowledgeable than me.

Welcome boycey - fear not there are members of all abilities here , tell us all a bit of what you make or plan too ..
Edit Sorry I missed your name Alan I was outside when I read your post..

Last edited:
Welcome boycey - fear not there are members of all abilities here , tell us all a bit of what you make or plan too ..
Edit Sorry I missed your name Alan I was outside when I read your post..
Well I have a background in engineering ( recently retired ) but always been drawn to the odd peice of furniture making
Nothing too grand
The odd cabinet / cd racks - just small projects really ( at the moment) but who knows now I have a little more time

Well I have a background in engineering ( recently retired ) but always been drawn to the odd peice of furniture making
Nothing too grand
The odd cabinet / cd racks - just small projects really ( at the moment) but who knows now I have a little more time
We all start somewhere, my skills are all self taught and I will at some point maybe make a piece of furniture. My take on woodworking is make something that is functional or just something you enjoy doing. I’ll tackle anything from a decking project to a new garden gate - I’ll buy the gate due to the size of my workshop and the equipment I have . Same goes for internal doors , floor, kitchens Bathrooms etc . So it’s up to you but whatever you do enjoy it.. 👍

Hi Alan and welcome
Enjoy your retirement and work hard at it. It can be the best full time job you will ever have.

Hi all -Alan here just joined up and setting up my retirement workshop
Im fairly new to woodworking machinery so hopefully lots to learn from others who no doubt are far more knowledgeable than me.
Welcome to the forum Alan
Fred

Back