Hello from Woking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everybody!

Sadly, I am downsizing due to impending divorce... selling the house and garden workshop. Haven't found a new house, yet, but no doubt, will have lots of projects coming up soon.

Inevitably, I will have to get rid of a few things. So I was wondering if I would I be better advertising my tools here or on eBay. Anybody likely to be interested?

Regards,
Gordon.

Last edited by a moderator:
A sad position to be in but if you want to sell here, and it is a good place for that, first have a look at the Rules. You'll need to take an active interest in the forum for a while. It can be quite entertaining..
Brian

Welcome to the forum,

Very rough what you are going through. I hope it turns out as well as is possible.

We used to live in Frimley and I often passed through Woking.

We escaped to the country last May and now live in Devon.

Thanks all, nice to see I have a few neighbours 😁

It’s an interesting challenge buying a house. Finding something with a garage or space to put a workshop, plus I want something I can do up and add value to. And then if you do find something with a garage and the right potential, you could end up sacrificing the garage for another room anyway!

I have made an offer on one place. I’d guess it was built late 1970’s and literally, hasn’t been touched since. It still has an Ideal Mexico floor standing gas boiler with separate gravity hot water/pumped rads. If it works, it will probably go on for ever. The house is a chalet bungalow with huge dormer windows which probably means it has the u value of a wet tea towel… So I guess heating and insulation will be first priority before next winter. A wood burner would be good, but the house doesn’t have a chimney. So I would need to install an external metal flue. Anyone got any experience of those? (The flue that is. I’ve had a wood burner for years).

Welcome to the forum.

The forum is a good place to sell things on. You're pretty much on the A3 in Woking so not hard for people to drive down and pick up stuff.

If you start posting pictures of the 1970s house some of us can reminisce about our childhoods!

Back