Hello from Edinburgh

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xflyman

Reaction score
Since being paid off from work with health issues a year or so ago I have been mucking around with woodworking and really enjoy it. I started off trying to make things from pallets with limited success. I have now built up a useful collection of tools and feel I have made some progress when it comes to making and repairing things. Looking forward to learning more and getting advice from other members.
Can I start out with help identifying different wood types? I picked up 4 folding chairs from freecycle which were advertised as needing repair. I managed to make 2 out of the 4 although I had to make new seat rails involving multiple blind mortis joints which turned out quite well. The chairs all had an FSC mix stamp which I understand means they were made from recycled wood a few decades ago. I planed all the wood back and was surprised at the different varieties involved. I know it doesn't include pine which is about the limits of my knowledge on differing species. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20220904_105807.jpg
    IMG_20220904_105807.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 0
Welcome to the forum. I have no idea what the wood is, but there will many who do. :)

Back