Hello from Bratislava

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skottex

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm hobbyist Italian woodworker from Bratislava.
I joined this forum as it is one of the few European forums in English.

Hello, my countryman :) I live in the opposite corner of the country near Presov, but nevertheless, welcome :)
Hello Tibi, Thank you.

I hope I can bother you with some questions regarding buying wood in SK.
When I ask to locals I always receive the same answer "Go to JAF Holz"....

Hello Tibi, Thank you.

I hope I can bother you with some questions regarding buying wood in SK.
When I ask to locals I always receive the same answer "Go to JAF Holz"....
Yes sure,

you can ask me, but I live in a different region than you, so prices and availability might be different. Also I am mostly hand tool hobbyist woodworker, so your scope of work might be different. But I am glad to help anyway.

Tibi

Welcome! Vienna is here.

I buy my wood from www.muehlbauerholz.com. It is not particular cheap. Here they have a link to Preisliste Schnittholz PDF that has the prices. But they also have some exotic timber. I mostly buy beech (Buche) and it costs now slightly more than 1 EUR per 1 kg.

Also I came across one German woodworking magazine and they have a list of places where to buy wood (Germany and Austria though).

But I always wondered is there any place in Slovakia near Vienna as it might be cheaper there. Let me know if you find something :)

Welcome! Vienna is here.

I buy my wood from www.muehlbauerholz.com. It is not particular cheap. Here they have a link to Preisliste Schnittholz PDF that has the prices. But they also have some exotic timber. I mostly buy beech (Buche) and it costs now slightly more than 1 EUR per 1 kg.

Also I came across one German woodworking magazine and they have a list of places where to buy wood (Germany and Austria though).

But I always wondered is there any place in Slovakia near Vienna as it might be cheaper there. Let me know if you find something :)
Hello thikone, thank you.
I was looking to the pricelist in the website and it seems a little bit higher compared to similar suppliers in SK, but I cannot confirm 100% as my last buy (and pricelist) was in November and prices now might be different.

I usually buy from JAF Holz. They are a big supplier, like the one you posted, and the closest branch to Vienna is in Trnava.

Sometimes I buy also from Drevoma. They are cheaper but with less inventory. They are in Trnava too but they always asked me to go there in person to choose the wood.

Back