Hello From A Newcomer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dannyson

Reaction score
Hello to all you Scrollers,I am a complete Novice In the Scroll saw, although I am used to the Bandsaw .
I would like to point out that I have not yet purchased my machine, and I am thinking about the Bremel, if anyone can advice me of any expeience they have had on this machine Or if anybody knows of a used one for sale, would you kindly let me know, Please don`t mention the Hegner, I can`t afford it.

Thaks to All

Dannyson

Hi Dannyson

Welcome to the forum :) .

I've not used a Dremel scroll saw myself, but someone purchased one last year and didn't get on with it at all, sending it back. Sadly, I don't think that member visits this forum any longer.

Most novices seem to like the SIP which retails for around £70, but for more outlay there's the Axminster AWFS which sells for about the same price as the Dremel Scrollstation. If you search back through posts on this forum, I think you'll find the AWFS is often compared very favourably to That Saw Which Must Not Be Mentioned ;) .

Gill

Many thanks Gill for your advice, I have been in touch with Aminster, but what puts me off is the fact that they don`t list the Guarentee on there machine, and upon asking there is only a 12 month .

I have been looking at the proton, your view on this one please. Many thanks.

Danny

Proton scroll saw? That's a new one on me. Do you have a link to a description of it? Are you possibly referring to the Proxxon instead?

There's a Proxxon on the Axminster website but I've never come across somebody who owns one. My memory is troubling me, warning me there was an unfavourable review of this machine in a woodworking magazine a few years ago. Looking at the picture of the saw, I see there's a key alongside the saw yet the top blade clamp is a thumbscrew. Since there's no obvious access to the lower blade clamp, I'm wondering how easy it would be to access the lower blade clamp when changing blades and if the mysterious key might be essential.

But when all's said and done, I'm just talking off the top of my head (or out of my..... take your pick :) ).

Gill

Thanks for your reply, I am sorry it was the Proxxon I meant, din`nt mean to confuse you. I have been looking at to many Scroll Saws.

Danny

Back