Hello from a newbie.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaggy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys.
My name is Glen, but most call me Shaggy (and other names I can't repeat on a family forum).
I'm just getting into wood work as a little hobby so lots to learn and gear to collect.
My first project was last year when I made my Shed/workshop, never made anything before but quite pleased how it turned out. It's roughly 4mx2m, so quite big for a shed but not very big for a workshop. So far have a few basic power tools and a few other bits and pieces to ruin bits of wood with and just before Christmas I got myself a cheap Scroll Saw from Aldi to play with.

Anyway, been reading a few posts for a couple of weeks now and decided to join so I can ask for advise and join in where I can ( just be ready for some stupid questions when I get stuck :oops: ).

Cheers, Glen.

Hi glen, welcome, you'll find a good bunch here all willing to help if they can. wishing you a long and enjoyable hobby

Hi Glen,
no stupid questions is right I've found members always helpful and ready to reply

Hi Glen. An Aldi man, just like myself. Don't go and get the table saw, Your shed's not big enough! Loads of advise on here. make yourself comfortable you may be here a while!

Thanks for the welcome guys.

bourbon":2341vmz8 said:
Hi Glen. An Aldi man, just like myself. Don't go and get the table saw, Your shed's not big enough!
I did think about getting the table saw from Aldi, but thought it was too big. So now I'm thinking of getting a track saw instead, maybe the Titan one in Screwfix .

Hi Glen. I just joined about an hour ago so am just plodding along trying to work out how it all works and thought your post looked a good place to have a practice....sorry....still good to say hello though. :D

Latest posts

Back