Hegner SLOW release

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimiJimi

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Does anyone else have this problem? I have the Hegner quick release knob for the top clamp, and it tightens brilliantly, but I have to use pliers every time to undo it, as the silver knob turns but the black threaded part stays still. It feels as though it should be welded onto the end of the threaded part to work properly. It is only marginally quicker than using the allen key. Is mine faulty?

Jimi

Hi Jimi I use the quick clamp all the time,I would suggest that you could have a rod drilled into the knurled to use has a lever.

Then you would use has a lever,not having to use pliers to tighten.

The end that clamps the blade must be able to rotate,so that it does not bend and will still go through the 1 mm hole

Bryan.

I would suggest it is faulty. When I got my own I spent a frustrating hour trying to work out how to use it and what all the fuss was about as I kept having to use a blade to push the black rod side after undoing the knob.
I contacted Hegner by email and got a same day response, they sent out a replacement knob even though mine had been bought by someone else as a present.
The knew knob works great and now I see what all the fuss was about.
I suggest you contact Hegner and let them know your issue.

The threaded part is probably fixed into the knob with some commercial adhesive like Loctite, but has come adrift. As Stooby says, contact Hegner and get them to replace it.

martinka":nmh0x8tg said:
The threaded part is probably fixed into the knob with some commercial adhesive like Loctite, but has come adrift. As Stooby says, contact Hegner and get them to replace it.

Plus one.

Chris.

Latest posts

Back