Heart Shaped Box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toesy

Established Member
Reaction score
My first try and making a box using my scroll saw, the lid slides off, so my idea was to hold the heart in your hand and slide the top back away using your thumbs, the dowel idea was not mine, found a video online and used the idea.

Rather pleased, just got to get some more varnish layers on it... I used plywood top and bottom and 18mm x 2 - stack cut to make the hearts, then glued them together.

Attachments

• Heart Shaped Box pic02.jpg
    Heart Shaped Box pic02.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 990
  • Heart Shaped Box pic01.jpg
    Heart Shaped Box pic01.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 990
That's really lovely :) , like the dowel idea, did see it somewhere too, but can't remember where, and haven't used it yet.
What font did you use for the name?

Gill

gilljc":2yu4inx2 said:
That's really lovely :) , like the dowel idea, did see it somewhere too, but can't remember where, and haven't used it yet.
What font did you use for the name?

Gill

Script MT Bold was the font

mjw":2yu4inx2 said:
yes,very nice.What is the actual size of the heart ? and i also like the dowel

The dimensions are 110mm x 110mm, 45mm

Baldhead":2yu4inx2 said:
I like that, never seen the 'dowel' idea, hope you don't mind if I reproduce something very similar :lol: :lol: :lol:

Baldhead

Your more than welcome, I got the idea from a video online somewhere, to make the hole for the dowel, before cutting the heart, I clamped a waste piece of wood to the front, and then pilot drilled first just off, so that the dowel protrudes over the edge. Then drilled right thru, once cutting was done, insert dowel and then sand down to the level of the top of the heart.

Hope that makes sense.... ahh found the link - http://fmbul.com/?id=HMw04VnjM08&cal=Ho ... UT%20PLANS <---- HIS Box is well cool, I just kept mine basic....

Very nice but you missed a trick with the dowel, you could incorporate an arrow into the design if you had the dowel diagonal.

Back