Hazeon?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jarviser

Established Member
Reaction score
I picked up a gents' saw like this one for 2 quid at an antique shop. (this image pinched from eBay - my blade is a bit shinier thanks to Alf's acid treatment) Beech handle with nice patina. It's by Hazeon London which seems not to ba a major league name. Searched this site. Anyone know if it's a maker or a retailer?
78_1_b.JPG

(P.S. Gloat!)

Jarviser":enuc9ozi said:
my blade is a bit shinier thanks to Alf's acid treatment
Disclaimer! I never put saws in acid - strictly cleaned by elbow grease and abrasives wrapped round a block of wood.

Martin kindly presented me with a Hazeon stamped saw at The Big Bash ('cept I'm blind and read it as something else) and I came up blank so I asked on the Old Tools List...

...and they come up blank too. :( They may be unknown but they don't seem to be uncommon. :-k

Cheers, Alf

Alf":3s1g0ar2 said:
Jarviser":3s1g0ar2 said:
my blade is a bit shinier thanks to Alf's acid treatment
Disclaimer! I never put saws in acid - strictly cleaned by elbow grease and abrasives wrapped round a block of wood.

Cheers, Alf

It was only in there for 3 hours and thoroughly washed out after. I really should have taken the back off but it was well stuck.

Peter, your saw - no worries here. I just don't want someone 18 months from now emailing me with a horror story and claiming I recommended it! I'd rather they emailed you... :wink: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Latest posts

Back