Have you noticed?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wizer,
I totally understand where your coming from, any accident causing injury/damage, i would be only to happy for the police to get as much info as possible..( statements, forensics, etc), and as a general rule I think the services do any good job on the whole...
but my example is nowwhere far from the extreme, i know I was sat about 20ft away from the incident in question, even the cyclist said he wasnt hurt, just more of a shock, and still the police closed the road for approx 45 mins...

sorry, if my remark earlier sounded like a dig, Wizer it wasnt mean to be and I think you took it in the vein it was meant, like you said any bloody silly person with a car..

it just cuts to the quick, Bloody bus drivers.....?%%$£^"

I could say the same for Plumbers, electricians, joiners, architects, ....(edit Cabinetmakers...lol)(you in there yet :D )

anyway no offence, i hope Wizer..

PS dont you just hate a bus holding you up..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Argee":1gns5s16 said:
devonwoody":1gns5s16 said:
..... when everyone is lapping up overtime and looking forward to buying a new BMW.
This disappointing, insulting and thoughtless comment shows a complete ignorance of modern emergency service budgeting and procedure. Not impressed.

Well said Argee

DW - nothing is more important than health and life - especially of one close to you.
Stop and think what you're saying :shock: Do you have children? Would investigating their deaths be less important than a job interview or promotion?

I just hope the answer you give is a simple 'yes'

Perhaps my thread could now cease.

Its provoking responses.

It is obviously a contentious subject tho.

I know everyone would agree that emergencies take preference.

devonwoody":36kwnv5y said:
Perhaps my thread could now cease.

Its provoking responses.

It is obviously a contentious subject tho.

I know everyone would agree that emergencies take preference.

What did you expect?

Not really sure what your original point was. It must be a first though, someone complaining about the Police doing their job properly.

Coming back to my old grumble.

I heard the other day on television even policemen are complaining about paperwork and bureaucracy.
I saw the M4 was closed on both lanes last week when that driver created an accident going down the wrong way (fatality I know) BUT ONLY ON ONE CARRIAGEWAY. (the accident happened at 3.30am, and it was still closed at midday! That didnt take much rocket science to work out what happened. its bureaucracy.
Almost everyday since posting I have heard this or that road was closed.
I dont see why it takes 10 policemen and so many of their cars unless they are creating a work scenario.

devonwoody":2xn2a978 said:
I heard the other day on television even policemen are complaining about paperwork and bureaucracy.
What do you mean by "even policemen"? Do you think we're some sort of sub-species? As a matter of pure fact, police officers have been complaining about the amount of paperwork required ever since the 2nd. WW. The extra amount required in the most recent 10 years has to be seen to be believed, in spite of computerisation of some custodial tasks.

The "bureaucracy" you allege we complain about was brought about by a number of factors, including the Police and Criminal Evidence Act, advances in forensic science and - in no small way - by Health and Safety legislation.

I saw the M4 was closed on both lanes last week when that driver created an accident going down the wrong way (fatality I know) BUT ONLY ON ONE CARRIAGEWAY. (the accident happened at 3.30am, and it was still closed at midday! That didnt take much rocket science to work out what happened. its bureaucracy.
Any idea of the impact speed? I'd say a minimum of 120MPH probably. No doubt you're expert in estimating the amazing distances that fragments travel when involved in such impacts?
No? - I thought not.

The demands of the public when it comes to investigating crime are ever on the increase, which is fine, but it must be accepted that more investigation takes more time. In the "good old days," a police officer's word was taken in Court as good enough. If he (because Traffic Officers were almost exclusively male then) said that the accident was caused in a certain way, that was that.

Nowadays, everyone wants to challenge everything down to the last detail, which is not a bad thing at all, as it can only increase the certainty (or otherwise) of convictions. It's nothing to do with bureaucracy, it's to do with standards of proof and evidence.

Almost everyday since posting I have heard this or that road was closed. I dont see why it takes 10 policemen and so many of their cars unless they are creating a work scenario.
No, I think you've proved beyond any doubt that you "don't see why." I'm not going to discuss this any more, because it will obviously, once again, fall on the OP's deaf ears.

Ray.

Argee, please don't take it as a personal attack on any individual policeman, but an outsider view who used to have to earn his living (and only paid for what he produced) 100% from his travels between customers on the road. Where as the ledgistrators and their minions get there income whether any production is created or not.
And these days taking an extreme scenario the roads for a traveller could be closed everyday somewhere on his route during a weeks work.

Your views are valid as well, but so are others, the Welsh accident didn't need much rocket science to place blame and I think the guilty persons posssibly died. So why close the road for 7 to 10 hours or what ever it was.

devonwoody":2ep4q4pf said:
]

Your views are valid as well, but so are others, the Welsh accident didn't need much rocket science to place blame and I think the guilty persons posssibly died. So why close the road for 7 to 10 hours or what ever it was.

DW I really think you must be on a wind up.
There is no way anyone can be as idiotic and insenstive as you have been posting in this thread, unless they have a tongue firmly in cheek.

Or unless the saying is true that 'there's no fool like an old fool'.

devonwoody":2htt0db5 said:
Argee, please don't take it as a personal attack on any individual policeman, but an outsider view who used to have to earn his living (and only paid for what he produced) 100% from his travels between customers on the road. Where as the ledgistrators and their minions get there income whether any production is created or not.
And these days taking an extreme scenario the roads for a traveller could be closed everyday somewhere on his route during a weeks work.

Yes, the "bandit car" crashed into other cars by travelling the wrong way down a motorway. However I would guess (I wasn't there nor am I privy to the case/collision reports) that other vehicles suffered damage, with possible injuries shock, whiplash etc to their occupants.
Having witness events at court when a colleague failed to correctly document a MINOR incident involving a third party and the subsequent personal ridicule he was subjected to I can't blame the officers at the for ensuring that they had EVERY scrap of information possible at the scene. Photographs are not generally accepted as sole positional evidence in collisions so every scrap of wreckage as well as the positions of vehicle and road side damage has to be measured and plotted which does take a heck of a time. Believe me the officers involved would not have dragged it out any longer then they needed to as the amount of paperwork this sort of incident involves can escalate beyond all control and that is probably going to be on top of their normal workload.

This is not a rant it is an informative (I hope) piece of prose

Latest posts

Back