Have identified cat fouling garden, now what ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I offended Gareth I apologise unreservedly.

Do I think that cat ownership should be banned? Absolutely not! But where they cause nuisance the socially responsible act is no cat, as with your action on woodworking. Good man BTW.
You assume that I agree with my son, I did not suggest that and I have never shot a cat in my life so I'll ignore your question on that.

What sweeping accusations BTW? But I would remind you of your Daily Mail comment. :wink:

Also I did not classify cats as Vermin, I suggest you must have mis-read what I posted.

What sets cat poo apart from everything else in its danger except maybe your prejudice?

Toxoplasmosis, very nasty.

Roy.

flanajb":3ltrb1r5 said:
A dog would do the same as a cat if you let in roam around the neighbourhood, but people dont.
There is a reason why dogs are not allowed to roam wild - do you hear of children being mauled by cats?

flanajb":3ltrb1r5 said:
Cat's are a lazy persons pet. You only need to feed it as you don't care where it does it's toilet business.
So irresponsible owners of dogs who allow them to defecate on public footpaths and cycle ways are not lazy? Yes I know that they could potentially be fined, but how many people actually are? I live on the doorstep of the Gower Peninsular. Its a beautiful part of the world, yet on one footpath you cannot enjoy the scenery while walking for danger of stepping in dog faeces.

And about people not having litter trays - have you ever smelt one?

Yes I know that they could potentially be fined, but how many people actually are? I live on the doorstep of the Gower Peninsular. Its a beautiful part of the world, yet on one footpath you cannot enjoy the scenery while walking for danger of stepping in dog faeces.

Same round here Mark, it is continuous subject of complaint in the press, and yes some have been fined, but of course the Warden has to catch dog and owner in the act, difficult of course.
As I suggested earlier, it's a matter of responsibility.
Round her the majority of cats are either farm cats or plain feral, so identifying the owner would be difficult.
Also in defence, with the OP, I wonder if the owner of said cat is aware of the distress their pet is causing?
The worst case of pet nuisance I am familiar with was a dog locked in the house from 8.30am till 1pm then from 2pm till 5pm, the barking drove us mad!

Roy.

Digit":35jtmc2r said:
If I offended Gareth I apologise unreservedly.

Do I think that cat ownership should be banned? Absolutely not! But where they cause nuisance the socially responsible act is no cat, as with your action on woodworking. Good man BTW.
You assume that I agree with my son, I did not suggest that and I have never shot a cat in my life so I'll ignore your question on that.

What sweeping accusations BTW? But I would remind you of your Daily Mail comment. :wink:

Also I did not classify cats as Vermin, I suggest you must have mis-read what I posted.

What sets cat poo apart from everything else in its danger except maybe your prejudice?

Toxoplasmosis, very nasty.

Roy.

Apology accepted and thank you.

You stated that Cats are classified as Wild and made the following quote - So if cats are legally 'wild', then they are also 'Vermin.' - did you not mean that?

Your comment "you obviously do not believe in responsibility" I regarded as a sweeping generalisation.

I did not assume, I used a literary device of restating your quote about your son next to a comment about you. It is a debating technique. I also do not accuse you of shooting a cat but accept I should not have used the shotgun comment - I return the apology!

I also concede the point on Toxoplasmosis, cats are the most prevalent carriers but not exclusively. It seems susceptible people should wear gloves when gardening, in fact I was just talking to my wife and she was advised to do this when she was pregnant although healthy people are not at particular at risk.

Some of the threads in the General Chat section really bring some members 'stupid-side' to the surface, and some of the anti-cat clap-trap bleated in some of the previous posts shows that this particular thread hasn't dissapointed.

Well I suppose we could arrange some anti dog claptrap to even things up! :idea:

Roy.

flanajb":ucxvsn45 said:
A quick search on ebay reveals that I as a home owner and a parent has no legal right to do anything to a cat coming in my garden to foul. I find that absolutely shocking that my rights and those of my 10 year old Daughter do not matter and the cat using the lawn as a toilet has more rights.

We live in such a f!cked up society!

I wouldn't take anything you read on eBay as Gospel.

There are even some folk on eBay who claim that any parcel they send, and which goes astray, is not their problem and it's up to the intended recipient to trace it. According to the postmaster at my local office, that is complete nonsense.

Ergo.... If a cat is damaging your garden you have the right to remove the thing.
Obviously you have no right to harm any trespassing, feline pest.
:twisted:

Benchwayze":1i9b9x33 said:
flanajb":1i9b9x33 said:
A quick search on ebay reveals that I as a home owner and a parent has no legal right to do anything to a cat coming in my garden to foul. I find that absolutely shocking that my rights and those of my 10 year old Daughter do not matter and the cat using the lawn as a toilet has more rights.

We live in such a f!cked up society!

I wouldn't take anything you read on eBay as Gospel.

There are even some folk on eBay who claim that any parcel they send, and which goes astray, is not their problem and it's up to the intended recipient to trace it. According to the postmaster at my local office, that is complete nonsense.

Ergo.... If a cat is damaging your garden you have the right to remove the thing.
Obviously you have no right to harm any trespassing, feline pest.
:twisted:
I should correct my post. I meant to say a quick search on the interweb, not ebay.

mark aspin":31ur1jx2 said:
This has mutated into a Dog vs Cat vs No Pet argument hasn't it!

Not yet, it is still in the anti cat mode I think. I had a very mild go at dogs during one post but other than that they have got away pretty lightly 8)

The posters mainly seem to want cat owners to either get rid of their cats if their toilet habits annoy the neighbours or want cat owners to turn their gardens into kitty Colditz and cage the cats. In fact it just occurred to me that they could cage their own gardens and keep all the naughty pests out, not just cats - brilliant, dragons den here I come.

cutting42":n8y05u0u said:
n fact it just occurred to me that they could cage their own gardens and keep all the naughty pests out, not just cats - brilliant, dragons den here I come.
Already done I'm afraid.
screen.JPG
At least one of the Dragon's Den gang will have their paws in the market.

Attachments

• screen.JPG
    screen.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 596
Hi,

I find that white sprit sprinkled over the area that the cat uses stops them using the same area again, it worked on my front garden where a cat was using my gravel as a toilet.

Pete

When there are effective, 'sheep-cats', drug-cats', 'guide-cats', 'home-assist' cats, 'rescue-cats' etc, etc, then I might see the use of the domestic cat. (Some of them can't even kill mice!) That said, I wouldn't harm one...

However,

If you want a pet that does as it pleases, yet not what you would wish it to do.
If you want a pet that goes where it pleases, yet not where you wish.
If you want a pet that kills what it pleases, whether it be hungry or not.
If you want a pet that tramples over other people's rights, as it pleases, yet you expect this to be tolerated.
If you want a pet that gives you the 'joy' of its company only when it suits itself.
If you want a pet that does all these things, as and when it pleases, then more fool you.
If though, you can accept these facts for what they are, and take the responsibilities that go with owning a cat,
Then and only then, can you be a good cat owner.
And what is more, my friend, you will likely incur the wrath of your garden loving neighbours either way.

Live with it!
Apologies to Rudyard Kipling. (Who might have been a cat lover too!) 8)

mark aspin":2xz9i4rc said:
Already done I'm afraid. At least one of the Dragon's Den gang will have their paws in the market.

He he, very cool, is it a fly screen?

cutting42":1u20qgww said:
He he, very cool, is it a fly screen?

I think almost every villa in Florida which has an outside pool has one. Its to keep out the alligators, raccoons, lizards, snakes, spiders, flies etc. And people who want to nick your garden furniture.

woodbloke":jceds86p said:
Do be aware. If the cat is injured or hurt in any way, you can be prosecuted by the CPS for 'criminal damage' and if it goes to court, it could cost you a lot :shock: of money. Fact :wink: - Rob

Only if you are caught!!! ;)

images

is the other alternative.

Back