Have identified cat fouling garden, now what ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flanajb

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I setup a camcorder so that I could deduce which of the bloody cats was ******** on our lawn. Cleared up 6 piles in less than 2 weeks. My 10 year old Daughter is unable to play on the lawn.

Having identified the cat, trying to understand options. So far I have.

1. Catch cat in feral trap and then drive it 20 miles to a local wood and release it ?

2. Catch cat in feral trap and crack a stink bomb on it, so it goes home stinking

3. Try and track down owner and state that I am going to take legal action against them

4. Track down cat owner and dump the cat dung on their door step ?

Other suggestions welcomed. But please don't tell me to buy cat pepper or other rubbish that does not work.

Thanks

cat n' gun.jpg

Just a suggestion you understand :p

Attachments

• cat n' gun.jpg
    cat n' gun.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,789
Get one of those ultra-sonic cat scarer thingies - ebay's full of them.
Not cheap, but they do work.
Alternatively, get a dog, (though their rubbish's even bigger)
Greg

A quick search on ebay reveals that I as a home owner and a parent has no legal right to do anything to a cat coming in my garden to foul. I find that absolutely shocking that my rights and those of my 10 year old Daughter do not matter and the cat using the lawn as a toilet has more rights.

We live in such a f!cked up society!

A little bit of a waiting game, but Im sure a large bore super-soaker type water pistol aimed at said moggie would eventually deter.
Non-lethal-feline-deterrent you see.
Although, if any of you are familiar with Aliens, then perhaps these would be more useful
http://gods-inc.de/macavity/IsleOfShado ... entry.html

I too have about 3 cats that leave 'messages' in my garden, and with a 14month old little bundle of noise, it's not much fun.

Adam S

I'd be careful about trying to shooting the cat - it might fight back
cat.JPG

flanajb":3434ozb4 said:
A quick search on ebay reveals that I as a home owner and a parent has no legal right to do anything to a cat coming in my garden to foul. I find that absolutely shocking that my rights and those of my 10 year old Daughter do not matter and the cat using the lawn as a toilet has more rights.

It would be hard to prove that that cat actually fouled (without photographic evidence etc), so any action taken against the cat could be called animal cruelty.

Not that I condone cats fouling in peoples gardens, but what about dogs sh17ing everywhere you walk? How many times have you or your kids stepped in a heap of dog cr@p, or ridded your bike through it :oops: Why isn't that an issue? Of course, it's the insolent owners who don't clean up after their dogs who are the problem, not the dogs themselves as they are after all, just animals, no matter how much they're humanised by people.

The best deterrent for cats I've found is a soak from a hosepipe. Makes them jump 2ft in the air!

Attachments

• cat.JPG
    cat.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 1,735
mark aspin":3knlksgb said:
I'd be careful about trying to shooting the cat - it might fight back

flanajb":3knlksgb said:

It would be hard to prove that that cat actually fouled (without photographic evidence etc), so any action taken against the cat could be called animal cruelty.
I do have photo graphic evidence. I set my cam corder up in the kitchen and recorded for a whole day. It shows the black cat taking a dump right in the middle of the lawn. You can tell it went to the toilet as aftrerwards it started scratching the ground. I should not have to put up with this.

Dogs fouling a public footpath is a totaly different issue. The owner can be heavily fined if caught, but a cat using someone elses garden as a toilet is acceptable.

The law needs changing.

Do be aware. If the cat is injured or hurt in any way, you can be prosecuted by the CPS for 'criminal damage' and if it goes to court, it could cost you a lot :shock: of money. Fact :wink: - Rob

Wedge your boot up its backside so hard it cant do it anymore.

Me Grandad has 2 of those ultrasonic cat replent things, supposedly covering the entire front garden( (not that big) but they still do it now and then.

flanajb":18bsqfrr said:
I do have photo graphic evidence. I set my cam corder up in the kitchen and recorded for a whole day. It shows the black cat taking a dump right in the middle of the lawn. You can tell it went to the toilet as aftrerwards it started scratching the ground. I should not have to put up with this.

a cat using someone elses garden as a toilet is acceptable.

The law needs changing.

Firstly I assume you meant 'UN' acceptable???

Are you taking the mickey here? A cat owner can no more control his cat than you can. Do you blame wood owners for the foxes and squirrels for damage to your garden?

Maybe you would prefer that cats are not allowed outside, how do you think that would be achieved and to what end and do you think that is correct for the cat?

cutting42":1092xets said:
flanajb":1092xets said:

a cat using someone elses garden as a toilet is acceptable.

The law needs changing.

Firstly I assume you meant 'UN' acceptable???

Are you taking the mickey here? A cat owner can no more control his cat than you can. Do you blame wood owners for the foxes and squirrels for damage to your garden?

Maybe you would prefer that cats are not allowed outside, how do you think that would be achieved and to what end and do you think that is correct for the cat?
Oh dear Gareth. You seem to have missed the point. A responsible cat owner will train the cat to use a litter tray, the lazy cat owner does not care where it goes to the toilet. So of course it can be trained.

Reread the posts and you will see that thankfully your type are a minority. The majority of people deem cats a nuisance.

Before you reply to my post 'Yawn. Is that the time!'

Back