Has anyone seen this stuff before?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't tried it but I have seen it highly recommended by persons in the USA.

I've tried many methods and concoctions for rust removal, they all work to a degree, and I've no doubt this stuff will work as well as any.

However I've settled on an fifteen gallon electrolysis bath as a permanent fixture. It's as very thick plastic tub that once held pool cleaning oxidizer so it's very tough. I've fitted replaceable anodes and a lid for when it's not in use. It runs off a battery charger. Does a great job!

+1 for the last post above. I've also tried just about all the available "magic potions" and they all seem to work to a greater or lesser extent, but like the above poster, I've settled on the electrolytic version. It's cheap (especially if you already have a battery charger) and about the only down sides I've found is that it sometimes takes several days (dependant on how deep the rust is of course) plus the 'orrible black gunge that you have to clean of the sides of the bath and the electrodes when finished.

AES

+1 for citric acid. But buy it online, as local suppliers seem a bit wary of selling more than a few grams at a time. I' m told it's used in making crystal meth :D

+1 for washing soda and a battery charger. It won't etch the surface like citric acid does. Unless of course you want a dull grey finish then almost any acid will do.

Back