Has anyone bought from Temu?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm very wary of product descriptions and equally wary of feedback left on such as Amazon and the likes, especially the one-star reviews.

People leave one star reviews because they ordered the the wrong size or colour, it didn't match the rest of the furniture or the product didn't do what they imagined it would do or the courier was late. Some of the reviews are perhaps an indication of the reviewers IQ and not the quality of the product ...
I'm often more sceptical about the feedback than I am about the product.
I saw an excellent chainsaw get a one star .................................. because it was delivered with no petrol in it.:LOL:

I saw an excellent chainsaw get a one star .................................. because it was delivered with no petrol in it.:LOL:
Ahhh...but did the advert actually say it didn't include fuel?

This is actually one of the feedbacks for the dedicated mortice machine chisels I mentioned.

"These drills are completely useless without an intermediate part that drives the square sleeve into the wood.
I am very disappointed as this is not stated in the description.
Useless purchase, so to speak!!!
"

Clearly the person compiling the advertisement for the chainsaw, just as the person who compiled the ad for the mortice chisels made the rudimentary but incorrect assumption that people who buy their products actually have a modicum of common sense and understood what they were purchasing..

It was similar to one of the various Victorinox kitchen knives I bought, as one person put it in the feedback ...."these knives are dangerous as they are too sharp resulting in me cutting myself several times"! .....you really couldn't make it up!:eek:

I suppose that's why packs of nuts must carry the warning " may contain nuts", to protect the seller from from being sued.

My order from Temu arrived yesterday (bag tossed onto the front step by EVRI) - of 4 items 3 which related to woodworking pencils were fine, in fact very good - the 4th being nozzles for caulking tubes were an absolute joke, being the wrong size and so wide across the pointed bit that anything less than about 1/2 of an inch of caulk would be impossible. A refund/return will be requested - it's not the small amount of money - it's the principle.

UPDATE - raised a return on the website - instant refund and keep/dispose off/recycle the item, no return . . OK it was only a couple of quid. This is the first dud item, of about 15, that I've had from them (Oh, and I only use the website with a "seeded email address" to identify any future spam or skullduggery)

Last edited:

Addictive, absurdly cheap and controversial: the rise of China’s Temu app​

A chicken-shaped lamp. A toilet paper holder in the shape of a smiling velociraptor. An apron that catches beard hair during shaving.
The list of unusual products goes on.

Among the more everyday items are cleaning products, smartwatches, novelty T-shirts, knock-off sneakers and barbecue tools, but the common thread across all of them is that everything is incredibly, mindbogglingly cheap.

This is Temu, the latest Chinese shopping app to take the internet by storm and raise questions about provenance, competition and value.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...and-controversial-the-rise-of-chinas-temu-app

Back