Hardwoods - trying to find !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcleod

Established Member
Reaction score
All,

can anyone help,,,

My other half has asked me to make her a couple of boxes, however shes asked me if they could be in either Magnolia, Butternut or White Ash.

Now the White Ash is not going to be hard to find, but after checking a lot of the websites for SL Timbers, Exotic Hardwoods, Surrye timbers etc,,,it seems no one seems to stock either of the other two.

Anyone got any suggestions ?

Thanks for the help,,,

Kevin

Afraid not,,,

Made the mistake of letting her look at the Nick Gibbs' The Wood Handbook

Strangely it list both as being 'principle hardwoods' which should be available - at this moment in time, thats looking easier said than done !!

In "The Woodbook", the Taschen book of American timbers, both butternut and magnolia are listed, which might suggest that they are predominantly U.S. species. They are both a bit devoid of interest though. There are five magnolias listed the first being Liriodendron Tulipifera which would probably be available as tulipwood or whitewood in this country. (if you've £25 of book tokens from xmas buy the book - it's brilliant)

phil.p":3kh2wv95 said:
In "The Woodbook", the Taschen book of American timbers, both butternut and magnolia are listed, which might suggest that they are predominantly U.S. species. They are both a bit devoid of interest though. There are five magnolias listed the first being Liriodendron Tulipifera which would probably be available as tulipwood or whitewood in this country. (if you've £25 of book tokens from xmas buy the book - it's brilliant)

Amazon have it for £16, just bought it.

Back