Happy to be conned

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MauriceD

Established Member
Reaction score
Today I had a quick look on Eb** for Photoshop not expecting to find it at a price I could afford. I used to use it in the past for graphic work such as leaflets and brochures but was never an expert.
I was surprised to find a listing for Photoshop CS2 at £3.00 as a download. I thought hang on a minute this can’t be right but when I looked at the feedback I found numerous people giving good feedback. I thought if this was dodgy Eb** would have removed the listing. So I thought what can I lose for £3 so I bought it.
What I got was a download link and a product key number. The instructions were to go to a specific page, look at the bottom of the page where I would find Photoshop CS2 and the product key from Adobe which I could download.
So I went ahead. What I found was that this is Adobe giving away older products for free, hence the con but at this price I am happy to lose £3 for the information.
You have to create an account during which you can be as creative as you wish, after this you have the full program. I have looked it over and it appears genuine and the full program.
I will show below the email I received so if anyone wishes to have a go they can. Please don’t hold me responsible if anything goes wrong as I am only passing this on for your information.
“hi thanks for your payment head to this link and make a free account
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=cs2_downloads
once signed in scroll down to Photoshop at bottom of page and pick ur platform install and use this key 1045-1412-5685-1654-6343-1431 for windows
Plz beware the whole suite is there with keys help yourself
thanks any problems let me know enjoy and plz leave feedback
john”

I have done security scans with Nortons after installing and found no probs.
In the email the link was active but has not stayed active when I pasted the email into this post
Maurice

Maurice you are correct it is genuine and legal to use (sort of) and you are correct that it is available for free however I imagine that just finding it was worth the £3 to you!

Adobe decided to close their activation servers for Photoshop CS2 (and other CS2 suite programmes) but that meant existing CS2 users would have problems reactivating their progs on a reinstall or other so they offered this free download for existing customers, naturally many people who were not CS2 authorised customers heard about it and many have taken advantage of it and who can blame them?

CS2 is out of date now however it is still a brilliant programme and is more than adequate for most people.

scrimper":y6zp5bq6 said:
Adobe decided to close their activation servers for Photoshop CS2 (and other CS2 suite programmes) but that meant existing CS2 users would have problems reactivating their progs on a reinstall or other so they offered this free download for existing customers, naturally many people who were not CS2 authorised customers heard about it and many have taken advantage of it and who can blame them?

If someone leaves their front door open, and you take something, it's still theft. I recall a TWOCCER speaking of a sports car which didn't have the very top-of-the-line immobliser that the owner "obviously didn't want it".

If you're happy to break the law, why stay on CS2? A google for "cracked photoshop cs6" gives plenty of hits.

BugBear

Adobe aren't bothered, and know it will be used. They've moved to cloud based purchase and licensing, and aren't afraid to charge plenty of money for their products, which are very good. If they were bothered, it wouldn't be there to download.

It's a pretty shrewd move on their part. Some people trying CS2 will eventually want CS3, and then they'll gain.

Robbo3":2j4n8zu8 said:
If you want free there's always The Gimp
- http://www.gimp.org/

Indeed. Gimp was "enough" to create this ghostly, but very flat, plane

dial_sole.jpg

BugBear

Latest posts

Back