Adobe CS2 for FREE!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But CS2 does not work with later versions of Windows - as I found to my cost when I went from XP to Win7!

Rod

That's interesting , Nick. Looking at the spec they seem to suggest that they will only work with a PowerPC G4 or G5 Mac....which are now pretty old and haven't been made for donkeys. Having said that I run Photoshop CS quite happily on my Intel iMac BUT it is running Snow Leopard. I also have other legacy software such as Word and Sparc but as none of these will run if I migrate to Mountain Lion or Lion, I have stayed on Snow Leopard.

But the fact that I can run Photoshop does suggest that CS2 might be runnable under Snow Leopard even though the Adobe spec suggests otherwise.

Hi

Im fairly sure that CS2 will run under Windows 7 ive downloaded the creative suite 2 so ill give it a try to confirm.

Technically, it's not free.

They're offering a download for anyone who already has a valid licence key that doesn't make you jump through the usual bells and whistles of proving you have a valid licence.

In practice however...

I've just downloaded and had Photoshop CS2 working on a Windows 7 machine.

... and yes, I do have a valid CS2 licence. :lol:

I had just tried to load up my original copy of Adobe CS2 from CD and it seemed to fail at the authentication stage. :(

When I investigated it, CS2 will only run in Win7 Pro which has a XP emulator built into its software?
It doesn't work in Win 7 Home Premium which came with my machine - that's why it's now running on my MacBook.

Rod

I think a snag is CS2 ACR won't decode raw files from many (most?) cameras that were introduced after CS3 was released on April 16, 2007. New ACR releases are not backwards compatible to earlier CS versions. This is how Adobe force folk to pay continually for the latest CS version - if you get a new camera you need to also shell out for the new Adobe CS. I know as I was caught but decided to dump Adobe and get Gimp - much better value :)

Back