hang onto your beech wood!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul Chapman":6mijejhk said:
Give me a live performance any day. All the imperfections and improvisations - magic :D

Cheers :wink:

Paul
A live performance :-k a live performance without amplification is live. :) A performance using amplification is electronic. :lol: I know what you mean though. :lol:

Jake":31kepv46 said:
I love my main system, not least, because it can shake the damn house down every now and then, in a much more deafening way than something cheaper could, and ... it retains the definition.

I blew out our lounge windows :lol: well broke a lot of glass and was deaf for quite a few minutes. :lol:

My system is two 125W Audiolab 8000M Monoblock amps and an Audiolab 8000Q preamp coupled with a 300W Rel Stentor II subwoofer This but mine is black

Swmbo did some dusting on my HiFi doing so she had moved the volume without knowing from 3 oclock (which is shout to be heard level) to 12 o,clock. (break concrete never mind rattle crockery) I came in turned it on and boooom :lol: neighbours 300 yds away could hear it, they thought it was an outside concert in the town. :lol: It really can shake a concrete floor :lol: great stuff :lol:

mr":1h78cloa said:
DO I detect the sound of Electric wood?
:)

You certainly do hear the sound of Pete's finest, here's another that I have:

ScanImage0076.jpg

Best basses in the world by far and I have played most.

I was considering going as their stadium gigs are excellent, i saw them in 96 at earls court and then again the following year at reading, and again a few years ago, all top class events.

However, considering they are currently in the studio writing the new album, I thought it best to wait until the release of that so they play more new stuff in the following tour.

At the moment, I think only the rubbishy seats at the back are available.

Same as a 5.1 surround system when watching a film.

Just invested in a 42" Plasma, AV amp and speaker system.

Always loved watching films but first film I watched on the new system and I was leaning down to get the remote off the coffee table when a gun shot rang out and I ducked.

SWIMBO almost fell off the sofa laughing :oops:

That would never have happened before and that is what I have been missing.

MP3 is great for what it is but you cannot beat HIFI quality for where it matters.

In the car, road noise, in the workshop machines getting used etc MP3 is perfect.

Sitting in the living room central to the front stereo speakers, different experience altogether.

The only choices are personal choice where you need to go to a HIFI shop who can demonstrate what you want to buy and your ears will tell you what sounds the best to you. Never mind how close it is to true rendition.

And, how far to go with the pursuit of "better" quality. Speaker wires, please don't use bell wire it does make a difference and doesn't cost much. Etc Etc

Byron,

Maybe it's like comparing a stanley 103 to a LN 103. Both will do the job but one better and much more enjoyable than the other.

Matt. (a 60!/2 owner, but not telling you which one :oops: )

Latest posts

Back