Hands Off the mag Good Woodworking ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
This is my thoughts on the subject and is pointed to all members.
1: Let's keep things civil.
2: Mods-don't lock threads unless pushed to the very edge of decency. Let things die out by themselves-if we don't rise to the bait it will just wither away.
3:Agree to disagree. We all have differing views on things, especially woodwork. (and this is a WW Forum, remember?)

I enjoy participating in this forum-I do not want it dieing off like UK Woodworking. Please keep things light hearted. If you think something you say is going to offend-please think twice!

Respectfully,
Philly :D

Heh you guys n girls,

I have been looking around for a decent forum where i could chew the fat with some like minded woodies and i believed that i had found one. That was until i witnessed the way you treat your members.

Why are you victimizing billzee? To find out what this poor guy was supposed to have done i checked out some previous posts going back a few months and i agree with him, the moderators on this forum are bias in favour of this GWW magazine.
Where i am from in the good old UA of A we do not let magazines influence the way our forums are run and we would never censor what a member has to say.

It seems that you guys have got a little gang and if one of you does not like what someone else has to say you all attack him or her.

Why can't you chill out and give the guy a break. I am just so very happy that everyone in England are not like you otherwise i would not have come over here to work.

Spark one up and stay cool.

Loads of kisses from The Babe

"The Babe",
I'm not sure if you do have the full picture. We certainly are able to agree to disagree. I do not agree with locking down threads unless absolutely, absolutely necessary. So, please, if you are serious about participating in this forum just lurk for a while. This is certainly not a "gang".
best regards,
Philly

For those of you who don't know, I'm currently away. I have limited time on line so I haven't read the whole thread and don't really want to get into this while I'm away but I would like to make it clear that the PM's ARE private. The mods or my self do NOT have access to them.

Charlie... you're SPOSED to be relaxing.... livin the good life... checkin out bits o fluff etc...

Philly,

Hook, line and sinker comes to mind.......

Rgds

Noel

Noely":19ettu4z said:
Philly,

Hook, line and sinker comes to mind.......

Rgds

Noel

lol yeah but I had to make it clear in case some members thought it was true..

Ha, Ha, HA :roll:
A joke Huh!
Just for the record, that was my SECOND draught of that reply. The first one was a steamer...... :twisted:
Yup, completely fished in :lol:
regards,
A Passionate Philly :D

the moderators on this forum are bias in favour of this GWW magazine.
Where i am from in the good old UA of A we do not let magazines influence the way our forums are run and we would never censor what a member has to say.

Having seen the wrong end of at least one moderator's red pen I can safely say that UKW mods are not biased in favour of GW :D
and I do not consider that we are allowed to influence the way this forum is run - far from it, we are treated like any other member, and so we should be! Andy and I have our own views, both personal and 'corporate' and it's good to be able to voice them once in a while. I was a little perturbed when the short to and fro between Bilzee and me that seemed to start all this off again was 'moderated', as I didn't think it was really necessary, but hey, it's not my forum. So be it.

However, I do consider that some people seem to have it in for either GW in particular or WW mags in general - why, I don't know, we're all doing the same thing, trying to enjoy what is either a hobby or a job for most of us. Someone posted the other day that they didn't want to pay £3 for a mag full of adverts. Well,he's entitled to his view, but considering that GW currently has about 25 pages of ads to 75 of editorial I don't consider that excessive. (Of course we could cut those 25 pages but then you'd only have a 75 page mag and then someone would compain about that.) However, mags need ads to make ends meet and, what's more, readers need ads, otherwise where do you get to find out about the kit you want to buy. Editorial certainly can't keep pace with every bit of kit out there, and to my mind it's arrogant to imply that you're beyond needing ads - many less experienced and less well-equipped readers do need them, and that's part of the reason they buy a mag. So why the aggression towards ads in the mags, and why the suspicion that it leads to us being in the pocket of the big bad wolf? Beats me!

Pete,
Now your talking sense. (please note-I am not kissing Pete's a##. I just agree with him :? )
Please can we all move on now?
yours wishingly,
Philly :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back