Handmade end panels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giles watts

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

What would you guys suggest for making kitchen cabinet end panels in for a hand built kitchen? I'm thinking maybe 18mm m.r mdf ??
Thanks

kitchen cabinet end panels in for a hand built kitchen
Depends what style you are looking at, I have used t&g in a panel using redwood that covered the exposed end of a cabinet made using panel and frames. with ply. Think to the finished product, the material used will determine the paint finish .

Depends what style you are looking at, I have used t&g in a panel using redwood that covered the exposed end of a cabinet made using panel and frames. with ply. Think to the finished product, the material used will determine the paint finish .
Thanks just a flat shaker style 9mm overlaid onto 18mm to create a panel

Most end panels in our kitchens come from the same material as the doors, that could be painted wood or MFC, we normally cut those with the doors or if they are solid wood we just order a matching panel from the same supplier. Really depends what look you are going for, last week we supplied coloured glass end panels to match the splash backs in a huge retail kitchen costing £80000 in London.

Thanks just a flat shaker style 9mm overlaid onto 18mm to create a panel
Yup. works well.

Example. These are ikea cabinets sanded down(to provide a paint key) with thin board overlaid to create a paneled look.
Customer was very happy, fitted in well in their 19th century house.

Of course we didnt tell them the base cabinets were from ikea. Just some secrets are meant to be kept
wardrobe-wilson-website.jpg

these are rebated beech stiles rails and mrmdf panels glued and 22g branded as the back won't ever be seen

Attachments

• 16942568813502980303758447756231.jpg
    16942568813502980303758447756231.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back