Hand Tool authors needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toolemera

Established Member
Reaction score
Folks

I’ve recently added a section to the handtoolmakers.com website, one devoted to current authors of books on hand tools. Could be the use of hand tools, history of, furniture/boat/tool plans or whatever, so long as the topic is hand tools.

If you have a title of your own, or know of someone who does (and is living or whose titles are managed by someone) please let me know. Currently I have Stephen Shepherd, Tom Fidgen and shortly Chris Schwarz listed.

http://handtoolmakers.com

Gary

I don't know any authors, however just wanted saw what a good idea your website is. I've never seen so many plane makers in one place. We could use a site like that for other products woodworking related especially here in the UK as it is difficult finding things.

food for thought.

Thanks for sharing any how got snowed in this morning so gave me a morning of admiring well made tools.

I believe David Charlesworth could be classified as "living" - I think some members even saw him breathing as recently as last weekend.

He does not make tools but has written several hand tool books

AND its about time Alf pulled her finger out and produced THAT book (to end all hand tool books).

woodsworth":16qdrqlr said:
I don't know any authors, however just wanted saw what a good idea your website is. I've never seen so many plane makers in one place. We could use a site like that for other products woodworking related especially here in the UK as it is difficult finding things.

food for thought.

Thanks for sharing any how got snowed in this morning so gave me a morning of admiring well made tools.

Snow? Here in New England we never hear of snow...

As for food for thought, what did you have in mind? The site is, to a large extent, driven by the reader. If there is something somehow vaguely related to hand tools, their making, use, history, etc. then it's fair game. Providers of products such as shellac comes to mind. Please elucidate and I will see what I can do.

And of course, feel free to recommend any person or product that you feel is applicable.

Gary

lurker":qax1ur0h said:
I believe David Charlesworth could be classified as "living" - I think some members even saw him breathing as recently as last weekend.

He does not make tools but has written several hand tool books

Yes, David is living and is on the list to be included for books and dvd's.

Gary

Latest posts

Back