Hand Mitre Saw blade replacement

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave.L

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to this forum, so first of all; Hello everyone, and secondly I hope I've put this topic in the right place.

I recently got given a hand compound mitre saw by a friend who has no need for it. I can't post links right now, but if you google 'Faithfull Compound Mitre Saw' - its the model that comes up most of the time . Now I know its no piece of fine craftsmanship, but it will probably come in handy, so plan on keeping it.

The main problem is that the blade is shockingly bad - very thin and 'jumpy', I suppose it is designed for architraves and skirting rather than anything thicker, but I was wondering whether anyone uses these sort of saws on a regular basis and would have a recommendation for a blade replacement.

Thank you,
Dave

I use one quite often, mostly for thin stock of up to 20 or 25mm. I think that's really what they're meant for. Mine's a "Nobex" which was supposed to be a fairly decent make, and I am still using the blade that came with it. I see that Nobex blades are available from the usual suspects such as Axminister, so if the length is correct then that could be an option for you.

Tony S

Latest posts

Back