Hamster friendly wood and glue.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donald Sinclair

Established Member
Reaction score
A grandchild has requested a hamster house, to replace one that is badly chewed.
Suggestions of suitable non-toxic types of wood and glue would be appreciated.

I would think that most untreated woods should be OK and likely PVA glue will do as well. I think they chew the wood to keep those teeth in trim rather than actually eating it.
Regards
John

Design out the corners they can get their teeth onto, or overlay with metal like aluminium then give them wood specifically to chew, fruit woods apparently are the thing, however as you’ve noted, they don’t seem to come to harm nibbling on anything else

A grandchild has requested a hamster house, to replace one that is badly chewed.
Suggestions of suitable non-toxic types of wood and glue would be appreciated.
When the little rodent pops his clogs, as they all do eventually, don't bury it in the garden immediately, but boil it up with a load of sugar and a little water. Find a nice spot in the garden and then bury it. Next Spring you'll be blessed with dozens of beautiful long stemmed flowers. Remember you only get "Tulips from Hamster Jam".... sorry😀

When the little rodent pops his clogs, as they all do eventually, don't bury it in the garden immediately, but boil it up with a load of sugar and a little water. Find a nice spot in the garden and then bury it. Next Spring you'll be blessed with dozens of beautiful long stemmed flowers. Remember you only get "Tulips from Hamster Jam".... sorry😀
Raised a smile but it's got me wondering how you'r mind works:)

Back