Hammer Planer/Thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonebas

Reaction score
I have recently taken delivery of my SIP table saw, my Axminster bandsaw arrives tomorrow and today, as well as buying a router table on ebay, I have been given the chance of a second-hand Hammer A3-31 P/T. First phase of my tool collection nearing completion. :D

The Hammer seems really well built and most posts on the forum about the machine are positive and I suspect that the £800 being asked is a fair price. My problem is that I cant find out how much a new one (or equivalent) costs so that I can decide whether this is good value or not. I know I could write off to Felder/Hammer but I was wondering if anyone might happen to know how much an A3-31 would set me back.

Thanks.

Stonebas

Their advert says that the Hammer planer-thicknessers start from £1499 so it will be at least that new. F&C did a test a while back, cant lay my hands on it at the moment.

You can get prices from their web site if you register. www.ukfelder.co.uk or phone their UK office in Milton Keynes.

Jason

stonebas":1o4x44js said:
The Hammer seems really well built and most posts on the forum about the machine are positive and I suspect that the £800 being asked is a fair price. My problem is that I cant find out how much a new one (or equivalent) costs so that I can decide whether this is good value or not. I know I could write off to Felder/Hammer but I was wondering if anyone might happen to know how much an A3-31 would set me back.

Thanks.

Stonebas

The Hammer as Jason says will set you back £1500 ish pounds plus delivery
and if you want it setting up in your workshop that'a another extra on top.
You'll be lucky to get any discount on them. They were on a special offer last year at £1200 ish but that well finished now.

Is the £800 asking price for the new version or the old version
:?:

I dont know when the new version was introduced but the chap who is selling the machine said he bought it in about the year 2000. He showed me the invoice which was for just over £2000 - this included £95 to spec a single phase motor rather than the standard 3 phase.

The purchase price includes delivery and a couple of sets of reversible blades and the machine looks like it hasn't had a hard life. My choice is either this machine or a Scheppach 260 for about the same price. Decisions, decisions.

Stonebas

Stonebas,

The new version came out last year I think it was Feb?march and it was £1200 on offer from £1500. and has a 3 knife cutterblock, and improved fence.

the main thing to watch for is the alloy fence on the earlier model.
So if your interested in buying it check that the fence is square to the table and not cupped (dished) or twisted if alls Ok it's propably worth £800 I doubt it's worth any more IMHO.

The Scheppach is a nice machine, quite a few members on the forum will be along shortly :D . But if your making bigger things then my money's on the Hammer imho.

Hope this helps

Back