Hammer outfeed table adjustment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hornbeam

Established Member
Reaction score
I am quite disappointed that teh outfeed table on my 3 year old A3-31 has gone out of adjustment and is no longer coplanar with the infeed.
I spoke with Felder UK who have sent me a manual
Alternatively they can send out an engineer at £200 +£70 hr
I am quite happy to adjust myself but has anybody else had to do this

Ian

I've had to do it on my axminster copy. on that machine it's tricky. I've got it dialled in now but it's by luck!
I have to have one cam loose and the other tight. stupid and shouldn't matter but it's been like that for years under full time usage.

My friend bought a Felder planer and paid for one of their engineers to come out and set it up, I got the feeling he wasn't very happy with the service considering what it cost. Apparently the engineer only had a 600mm long straight edge to set up the large PT so my friend lent him a longer one.

I'm sure he told me they set the outfeed table sloping very slightly downwards away from the cutter block, I can't remember why, think he explained it was something to do with edging long stock but it didn't really make sense to me :dunno:

it gives a slightly hollow edge. oddly to get a long straight say 1.6m bit of wood I plane the convex side otherwise If I plane the convex side I end with a slow bow that hard to remove. this style use adjustment on the hinge pins and on both locking cams. I can see why many shops have a separate planer. the wadkin one are really solid and tend not to wear or squirrel.

I'm sure he told me they set the outfeed table sloping very slightly downwards away from the cutter block, I can't remember why,
Thanks Doug. That is what I now have but dont know what I started with. I also cant see any logic in it, unless the theory is to allow for slight droop in the unsupported timber? Over the weekend I will but the long straight edge on it and take some proper measurements before I do anything

Back