Halogen Kitchen Down Lights

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice kitchen, Jason. Magnet? Only saying that as the TV screen looks like their's. If you made it then 'hats off to you'.

Dave_G ...I second the advice...I think that you should seriously think about getting a sparky in

Roger

Bit more upmarket than Magnet, £30-35K. It belongs to a kitchen designer that I fit the occasional kitchen for when she needs a Very high quality fit, got me to do hers over her regular fitters, she knows a few as she used to work for Clive Christians(big ads in glossy mags).

The carcases are 620mm deep custom made by her usual supplier, doors etc are 22mm thick solid maple/ MDF panels with acid cat paint finish by Landau, butterfly blue granite, Blanco sinks & taps, Neff appliances and the TV was off the net at half what magnet were charging at the time.

Hardest bit was finding a way to hang the wall units & integrated micro wave off of wattle & daub walls, straw & dung don't give a very good fixing :)

Jason

jasonB":1sve4i7i said:
Hardest bit was finding a way to hang the wall units & integrated micro wave off of wattle & daub walls, straw & dung don't give a very good fixing :)

Jason

Don't I know it! Fortunately my wife loathes wall units :D :D

Scribing the worktops was still interesting, though !

Roger

Jason

That kitchen looks great. Nice job.

Did you start with the bare shell and do it all?

What did you use in the end to fix the cabinets to the wattle and daub?

Cheers

Tim

Hell No..... I wasn't suggesting using the TV or phone socket. Anyway, I've called three electricians to give me a quote with a view to one of them doing the work... as I don't want invalidate my house insurance!

Cheers,

Dave

Tim, stripped out the old and took it right back to a shell, lath & plaster ceiling takendown to reveal 5 split joists!, sistered them up and had a plasterer board & skim the ceiling and the brick wall behind sink you can see all the pics in this album

Luckily there was only a short run of wall units along the wattle & daub wall (16th centuary) and I was able to get some foxings into the old oak frame that the wattle was infilling. Also a bit of a job sinking electrical boxes into a 3 1/2" thick wall for the DSO and two deep dimmer boxes.

Jason

Very very neatly installed job, Jason.

How on earth did it get to £30-35k though?

Jake, I don't come cheap :D

Here are a few rough figures, retail, she obviously got a lot at cost.

Appliances, all Neff, 2 ovens, warming draw, microwave, dishwasher, fridge freezer, touch control hob, telescopic hood say £4000

Blanco tap & zerox undermount sinks approx £1000

3 plasterers for one long saterday + materials say £1000

Complete rewire of kitchen, 18 halogen fittings, flat plate sockets, LCD TV etc say £1500 materials

Butterfly blue granite average 700mm deep & upstands £4-5000

Flooring not laid in photos £2000

Carcases, doors, handles, wirework, all softclose, a lot off one off carcases, non standard doors & accesories £10,000

And me for 4 weeks £4000

Have got another one to fit for her in November which is even higher spec than this one, will post the pics as I do it.

Jason

Got you, I thought you meant the "kitchen" alone, cabinets doors, tops, appliances and fittings, rather than all the building work, electrics and so on.

Back