Grout for metal tiles

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_G

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone advise me on the type of grout that is suitable for between metal tiles?

The tiles are brushed aluminum and don't have a protective film on them. The traditional ceramic tile grout is far too abrasive and would mark these tiles.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I used lots of these at University some many years ago. The only thing we found that workeed was one of the many colours of silicon. Don't know about modern materials though.

I've done chrome, anodised alloy & glass using a good quality wall grout many times without problem.

Whats the substrate and what is the gap width and depth as this will affect your grout choice. But my initial thought would be Mapie Ultracolour Plus as this will cover a wide range of joint width and is much finer than the BAL wide joint grout. Its also flexible so OK on stud walls.

And make sure you use a suitable highly polimer modified adhesive as you don't have porus tiles, something like BAL Mosaicfix.

Jason

Back