Groupon.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskywill

Established Member
Reaction score
On 24th November I ordered a Smart TV from Groupon as they had an early Black Friday offer. They said that the despatch would be notified with delivery in 7 days. Because it is a busy time of year, and I was in no hurry, I waited for 14 days before contacting Groupon to ask what was happening.

The response was " We will look into it and get back to you within 10 days". Five days later I received a message telling me that they had refunded my money without any explanation why. Three e-mails from me later they claimed that they had attempted to deliver 3 times, and failed, so had cancelled the order.

My wife is at home most of the time and we would have expected to have had a note dropped through the letterbox to tell us they had tried.

I think they are lying.

i have had a few groupon offers, some good, but most are not as good as they appear. i did get a very good coffee machine that was much cheaper than anywhere else, but normally the special offers are about the same as elsewhere and the RRP is in cloud cookoo land!

If it was a particularly good deal you could take a chance on buying a similar item and then suing for 'loss of bargain' to reclaim the difference. Unlikely to be worth the effort though.

One of the consumer tv programs covered some Groupon sales which were cloned fraudulent copies.

Rod

lurker":q2cxm47s said:
If something seems to be too good to be true.........well you know the rest

It would be interesting to see their terms and conditions of sale and whether taking money is deemed acceptance of an offer thereby creating a valid contract. Perhaps their small print allows them to accept money for stuff they dont have and make a refund several weeks later having used someone else money as an interest free loan to fund their working capital.

Back