Gripe of the day thread !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent nearly 4 hours, 120 feet of paper and 5 rolls of masking tape for less than 5 minutes of spraying :-(

Now remove, and repeat twice more tomorrow...

Thats my gripe for today and tomorrow!

No skills":2dc7m6v7 said:
Spent nearly 4 hours, 120 feet of paper and 5 rolls of masking tape for less than 5 minutes of spraying :-(

Now remove, and repeat twice more tomorrow...

Thats my gripe for today and tomorrow!
What were you spraying ? Sounds exciting :cool:
I filled up my glue pot today with some wurth pva. Hadn't noticed before but it says minimum 20 degrees :-? Looking at some cheaper toolstation type stuff and minimum temp was 10 degrees- I know which I'll be ordering next !

My gripe is not being able to buy biscuits locally on the weekend.

Screwfix - sell buscuit jointers but have discontinued sell buscuits
Machine Mart - dito
B&Q -dito
Wicks - list an assortment pack on their website but had none in stock and the disinterested 'help desk' said that they had no demand
Homebase - My long suffering wife tried here for me and was told that they 'weren't Tescos Madame' this guy had his life history explaned to his supervisor

What do these companies think we are going to do with the biscuit jointers we buy from them. Do they not think that once we have found a proper company that actually stocks the things essential to make them work we will not stick with them?

All I wanted to do was joint a couple of planks together for a quick job last Sunday, I ended up making an loose tongue.

James

Jamesc":31k655vg said:
My gripe is not being able to buy biscuits locally on the weekend.

Screwfix - sell buscuit jointers but have discontinued sell buscuits
Machine Mart - dito
B&Q -dito
Wicks - list an assortment pack on their website but had none in stock and the disinterested 'help desk' said that they had no demand
Homebase - My long suffering wife tried here for me and was told that they 'weren't Tescos Madame' this guy had his life history explaned to his supervisor

What do these companies think we are going to do with the biscuit jointers we buy from them. Do they not think that once we have found a proper company that actually stocks the things essential to make them work we will not stick with them?

All I wanted to do was joint a couple of planks together for a quick job last Sunday, I ended up making an loose tongue.

James

Strange as the B&Q website still lists biscuits and there is plenty of stock in my 5 closest stores :D

Thats about right, my local B&Q is supposedly their flagship store (Hedge End) which was one of their first and the first mega store - or so we are constantly told. Obviously we get things first down here so buy your biscuits now as they will probably be discontinuing yours soon :)

James

I don't actually get mine from them. I get mine from axi normally a box of 1000 or so ;)

Well my gripe for today is caused by my own stupidty. Ordered some bits from workshop heaven as i am restoring a tenon saw. Including making a new handle, sooo ordered the bits saw file, coping saw blades and one brass handle bolt. Forgetting they are not sold in pairs :oops: #-o #-o

So now i need to order more stuff just so i don't end up paying nearly a fiver for one bolt :shock:

My brother, and his fellow mates that are in the same business ( fitters) demand 20% more on a job if any of the goods to be fitted are from the bigger stores, as they are always having to return it, on the count of biscuits, what section are the Garribaldi in ? You can get Easter Eggs in these stores, diet coke etc etc, but not real goods., be fair.

ColeyS1":3c4loa1d said:

You would hope so wouldnt you, but no. Big steel box needed a stripe.

The old gripe is nearly finished thank god, new gripe is I now have to do a load of overtime this month - yes I need the money but ugh I dont want to #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

No skills":38t9xyz0 said:
ColeyS1":38t9xyz0 said:

You would hope so wouldnt you, but no. Big steel box needed a stripe.

The old gripe is nearly finished thank god, new gripe is I now have to do a load of overtime this month - yes I need the money but ugh I dont want to #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

What ? like the General Lee ? :D

started the prep work for re fibreglassing the flat roof over the weekend....not wanting to remove all the boards I have decided to just take off the top later of the bitumen stuff and sand up before laying fibreglass.....that stuffs sticky!!! I am sure the fibreglass will take to the bitumen ok.....wont it??

Permission to gripe again please kind people!!!

Now I know I can read a tape measure and basic maths are usually very very easy...but how in the name of all thats turtle shaped did I have to go out and buy another 10 square metres of fibreglass (and resin, and hardener) ON TOP of the 50 square metres I had already bought to replace a roof that at best measures 48 square metres!!! I think I may of been undersold in the first place!! And also....that is a job I will NEVER ever undertake again....I ache in parts I thought I had lost as a teenager!!!

Heres mine, fitting a howdens kitchen today corner wall unit the left door with the corner pillar attached drilled out and fitted a handle, mistake, the right side door hits it. Luckily working 3 miles from howdens so gets another one and a 600 wall unit door missed from order. Went back to job and drilled the same holes again for the handle that is not needed, then drilled the 600 wall door handle in the top side of the door instead of the bottom, had to go back to howdens and asked replacements. Some days you just wish you got out of bed with your brain switched on.

Latest posts

Back