Greenhouse

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Shmoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks.

I want to build a greenhouse during the forthcoming winter months - ready for next year.

I was intending to build something cheap and simple - along the lines of this: http://www.buildeazy.com/photo_greenhouse_side.gif

However, I dont think SWMBO is particularly keen and would prefer something alittle more asthetically pleasing.

Does anyone have any ideas, plans or guidance they could offer ?

Regards
Joe.

having looked at the pic, hard to blame SWMBO:)

While I know u want to build it: there is a glut of flat packed Alu framed glasshouses in places like B+Q at the mo and the prices are pretty cheap.
Just a thought

If you want to build one then have a look for GH plans at New Yankee Workshop. Norm has a video of him building one from about 4 yrs ago.

Of course it would be more expensive than your proposal and certainly much more expensive than a B&Q special.

regards
Alan

Not helpful to suggest this, but if you look on Freecycle or in any of the admags (Friday Ad, or ScotAds north of the border) there's almost always at least one "aluminium greenhouse free to uplift".
The problem with wooden greenhouses is the cost of decent timber. Lovely to look at, but not really that practical, speaking from experience.

Latest posts

Back