Greenhouse Project, WIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3463470092_da228db11f_b.jpg

Well Phil, hpefully that pic will suffice, btw, the thermometer/clock is in the workshop.
3462657085_bc57e3f457_b.jpg

It amused me to see concerns from others about having a "small" workshop, I have no problems with cutting or sizing sheet goods, most can be done with a handsaw or circular saw and then cut to size accordingly.

3463473306_b19167f17a_b.jpg

The scms table is the same height as the morticer table and can easily accomodate long lengths of timber.

3463474888_ba9b1b7648_b.jpg

All the machinery is on wheels and easily manouverable, and you can see why the thermometer always reads a high temp.
3462661731_80249257ba_b.jpg

I'm glad I took this shot, sometimes I forget what gear I do have.

Rich.

3494742348_493166bbcc_b.jpg

Here is a pic of me and my youngest on an outing to Southsea in 2004, watch this space.
3493928027_8e87138d06_b.jpg

Right, back to the greenhouse, as you can see I have made some more progress, I must say that working with 50x50 rough cut preserved timber is NOT easy, luckily with the lengths I was using I was able to "persuade" the timber to go where I wanted it to, all glued and screwed.

3494746322_9991ce848d_b.jpg

3494748564_2a60920c4f_b.jpg

3493934179_9d30af629a_b.jpg

3493936265_87749b7d39_b.jpg

3494754312_fdd98d06db_b.jpg

3494787446_bf0f76f749_b.jpg

Here we are 5 years later and he is 4 inches taller than me, (I am 5.8 ft) the eldest who is photo shy is 6.3 ft, time moves on and they are 2 good lads who are no bother to anyone but each other, chalk and cheese if you like, tomorrow the platforms for the lower level grow bag areas go on, I have a canny idea for that as well, keep watching.

Rich.

3584571975_deefa2e619_b.jpg

At last, the task is complete, phew!, it has certainly been an interesting learning curve, as I have never been in the construction industry, and as I made this up as I went along, I am quite leased with the outcome considering it was unknown territory to me, anyway as you can see from the pics, it is certainly fulfilling it's denoted task as a growing medium, I barely had time to remove my tools before you know who was behind me with thegrowbags and watering cans, still, my part of the bargain is done and she is pleased, I am now happy and relaxed, although, internal decoration is next on the agenda, including a wooden bedroom floor. :cry: another learning curve, ah well, one lives and learns.
3584573399_280d184de5_b.jpg

I decided to add a garden toolbox on the back end.
3584575223_5c64bff6e0_b.jpg

The sliding door was what REALLY surprised me, considering it's just routered grooves in the top and bottom of the door and sliding on beech runners, it only needs a finger to open and close it and a regular coating of tallow on the runners.
3584576849_e8a444668d_b.jpg

A bit of ingenuity needed here to support the tomato plants, the cucumber, lettuce and strawberries are coming along just fine.
3584578903_35cc88e10d_b.jpg

3585386772_eb4fbe843b_b.jpg

3584582603_db07294518_b.jpg

Thanks for looking, Rich.

Well Done. I like projects like this. I was out in the garden all day yesterday potting up mt toms, herbs and strawbs. Bit late but they should all crop.

I'm planning a plant stand to keep the strawbs up off the ground away from the foxes and dogs.

I have no doubt that you are well versed in the garden side of things, but just in case, strawberries are so called because they grow best when bedded upon straw, just a tip, hope you don't mind me saying so. :)
As for the weekend, read on, :lol:
Saturday, 6.30 am, the sky was blue and the day looked promising, right, decision made, make some sandwiches dear, I'll see to the car and fill up, get the 2 lads out of bed, fill the cool box, and of on a jolly down to Brighton for the day, got there at 11'00 hrs after taking the scenic route and explored, (I know Brighton like the back of my hand as I used to stay with my estranged dad who lived there, in the summer hols as a lad).
I took the tribe into the Royal pavillion, they had never seen such oppulence and grandeur before then and were amazed, then we explored the lanes and the palace pier, the boys could not contain themselves with laughter at the diversity of the characters in the gay capital of Europe.
We had a lovely picnic in a local park consisting of, crispy rolls filled with bacon, corned beef, cheese and onion, cold boiled new potatoes drizzled with butter, hard boiled eggs, cold marinated chicken breasts, home grown strawberries covered in whipped cream and all washed down with a few glugs of original ginger beer,
Sunday was just as nice, after working on the self built greenhouse, I decided to get out the George foreman grill and treat everyone including my eldests girlfriend to a bbq, sausages, bacon, mushrooms, buttered baps (toasted), more hard boiled eggs, grated cheese, more strawberries with ice cream, cooked ham, more ginger beer and I even washed up and dried up afterwards, all in all a beautiful weekend, just what we all needed.

Rich.

Rich":1ufiuon6 said:
I have no doubt that you are well versed in the garden side of things, but just in case, strawberries are so called because they grow best when bedded upon straw, just a tip, hope you don't mind me saying so. :)
As for the weekend, read on, :lol:
Saturday, 6.30 am, the sky was blue and the day looked promising, right, decision made, make some sandwiches dear, I'll see to the car and fill up, get the 2 lads out of bed, fill the cool box, and of on a jolly down to Brighton for the day, got there at 11'00 hrs after taking the scenic route and explored, (I know Brighton like the back of my hand as I used to stay with my estranged dad who lived there, in the summer hols as a lad).
I took the tribe into the Royal pavillion, they had never seen such oppulence and grandeur before then and were amazed, then we explored the lanes and the palace pier, the boys could not contain themselves with laughter at the diversity of the characters in the gay capital of Europe.
We had a lovely picnic in a local park consisting of, crispy rolls filled with bacon, corned beef, cheese and onion, cold boiled new potatoes drizzled with butter, hard boiled eggs, cold marinated chicken breasts, home grown strawberries covered in whipped cream and all washed down with a few glugs of original ginger beer,
Sunday was just as nice, after working on the self built greenhouse, I decided to get out the George foreman grill and treat everyone including my eldests girlfriend to a bbq, sausages, bacon, mushrooms, buttered baps (toasted), more hard boiled eggs, grated cheese, more strawberries with ice cream, cooked ham, more ginger beer and I even washed up and dried up afterwards, all in all a beautiful weekend, just what we all needed.

Rich.

we had a similar weekend fitted one of these to my mountain bike (for my 4 year old):
http://www.richardsonsonline.co.uk/acc_ ... xgodS0IFjw

and a rear seat on Mrs KU bike for our 2 year old.
We then packed up and went to Hern bay for the day, 3 mile bike ride along the prom, picnic...... the boys LOVED it, and the dog was BLOODY shattered when we got home.
:)

then a BBQ in the evening with the Gramps.......

lovely weekend, first bike ride with my 2 little guys, big success!

Steve

Good for you Steve, family time is VERY precious and should be taken at every opportunity, but the capability to get away from 4 walls and laptops enhances EVERYONES day, especially when the weather is good. :lol:

Rich.

It looks like a fine greenhouse - and as if you'll be reaping the benefits quite soon if this weather keeps up!

Back