Gravy for chicken ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joethedrummer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi wood users,,
The fair lady is working today and I have been left in charge of prepping the dinner, (happens every other week,,that is not a moan) today we have decided on roast chicken and spuds etc,,, all going well,as usual,,but I wondered if any of you had a special recipe for gravy that might surprise..
Only got to thinking about how you will be able to help after posts about Tobys parrot, Bens sandwich fillings and " tool sharpening " ( for the carving ),,
,,,,,joe,,,,

Cook some of your root veg onions carrots garlic with your chicken on top once your chicken is cooked put the tray with your veg on your cooker add a heaped tablespoon of plain flour it the tray and add some water cook out the flour and becomes gravy like you might have mush up the veg to get some good flavour the sieve the gravy home made gravy :lol: . I am in the middle of making roast leg of pork and that's how I'll be making my gravy

I don't know what it is, but I do exactly what my wife does when she makes gravey but mine is NEVER as good as hers.

Magic touch.

Agree with Nippy that it is good to put some veg in the base of the pan and sit the meat on top of it.

Finally, PLEASE no wee-wee gravy or 'Jus'! What you need is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon AND PLENTY OF IT!!!!! As my daughters always say 'It's all about the gravy'.

Phil

Back