graphite guide blocks for bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammer n nails

Established Member
Reaction score
hi i have an ageing performance power bandsaw it works well but i need to replace the graphite guide blocks looked on the net and the only firms i can find are all in the usa there must be someone who can supply them in the uk any ideas please

Wasn't Lignum Vitae the band saw bearing of choice. Its hard wearing and self lubricating as its a naturally oily wood.

I recently purchased a small Inca bandsaw and replaced the metal guide blocks with some Lignum Vitae ones's. I purchased a pen turning blank to make them. The saw runs more smoothly and is a lot quieter; hardwood blocks are also nicer to blades.

B-S

thank you guys will look for some Lignum Vitae and use that i have lots of hardwood so will fix some in tomorrow till i get some Lignum Vitae

Sounds like you're sorted now, but if that should fall through...

I have the benchtop Jet bandsaw that is (or at least was) available from Axminster. From memory, the guides in that look like graphite, but I've never thought to check the actual material. Not sure if they'd be the same size, but it may be a potential source of spares (Axminster, I mean. Not my bandsaw.. ;-)

Back