Grab rails for inside attic/ loft

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niall Church

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Who should I ask about safety grab rails for inside attic,it may need to be customised?

what are you trying to achieve? Can't you just use banister rails and fittings? or some planed 2x2 timber.

Yeah, something like that,but, I'd need to reach it to get on ladder getting out,the opening is in an awkward spot so,you can't just walk straight up or down from loft,like they show with the rails you can buy online for accessing the attic,you have to kind of go down on yer knees to get in my type of attic!

Maybe have a look at Kee Klamp (brand name) and the various other compatible systems. It is very modular. Brundles and probably DC Ironworks sell it.

Obviously we are guessing a bit as to your exact needs but I would think you could add some pieces of wood from the joists to the rafters and then cross member/banister/rail to hold onto. should be plenty of places to screw into.

Obviously we are guessing a bit as to your exact needs but I would think you could add some pieces of wood from the joists to the rafters and then cross member/banister/rail to hold onto. should be plenty of places to screw into.
Gonna look at the kee klamp thing,that looks very promising,and would do the job!

Latest posts

Back