Gotta start somewhere........ I guess

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobydick21

Reaction score
Hi, Didn't intend to start a new hobby at my age. Simply thought the cost to replace my wardrobe doors was too high and decided to look into making my own. Of course nothing is as simple as it looks and the more I researched it, the more the challenge appealed. So here I am on a Wood wood website looking forward to sharing thoughts and asking lots of dumb questions about DIY & woodworking.

Best thing to do is start a thread about it. Pictures as well as plan of attack.
Many will be able to put suggestions or possible solutions to you when they can see whats needed.
I think you need to have posted a certain number of posts before you are allowed to post pics, so reply to as many threads as you can. Opinions are always welcome.

Oh, and Hi :D

It's gonna cost you more than you could have bought them for, in the end.

But standing back and saying "I made those myself" is priceless.

My other half asks why I can't take up a cheap hobby like golf. :rolleyes: Doing it yourself is immensely satisfying but don't rush in without the correct tools. The right tools for the job mean the difference between bodging and a good job.

Hi and welcome. You're in the right place - if we can't answer your queries there is no answer

Brilliant. I've found myself on the metalworking part of this site after exactly the same thought. Really how is that so expensive, I think I can make it myself...... many hours and new tools later......

Hi, Didn't intend to start a new hobby at my age. Simply thought the cost to replace my wardrobe doors was too high and decided to look into making my own. Of course nothing is as simple as it looks and the more I researched it, the more the challenge appealed. So here I am on a Wood wood website looking forward to sharing thoughts and asking lots of dumb questions about DIY & woodworking.
Always ask the dumb questions, it’s the smartest thing you can do!

Welcome from wonderful West Cumbria... Listen to the advice from homeinthe city the advice is correct AND the answer from henniep is also correct. People on this forum are helpful, understanding and with the exception of me frequently brilliant.

You guys are great. Thanks. Oh and yes, having decided to make the doors due to the cost of buying them, I am 4 weeks in, at least £500 down and haven't even started yet. But I do have a new router, mounted in my new ply work surface, Mitre saw and a loft that looks like a scene from Dexter. (Plastic sheets and bright lights!) lol
But looking forward to starting my journey.

Back