Goodbye my beloved SM42!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stiggy

Established Member
Reaction score
This good Friday is definitely going to be a good Friday for me - I'm going to Rob's to pick up his CL4 which I'm buying!

WOOHOO!!!!!

This will eliminate any excuses I may be able to presently blame my old Sealey for, and means that I will have a decent, reliable lathe for years to come!

Ooooooh! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!

(hammer) (hammer) (hammer) (hammer) (hammer) (hammer) (hammer) (hammer) (hammer)

This is my Sealey SM42, it is a great little fella which has served me far better than I could have ever thought.

I'm actually really quite sad to see it go, but it will always be remembered.

I gave it a reconditioning and a lick of paint for the next person who gets to use it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 932
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 932
I bought a 2nd hand Woodfast from a deceased member of the turning club Graham. Bit rusty and the inverter was broken so in need of a bit of tlc. But it was from the days before record Power green badged them and called them the Maxi 1, when still made in Australia ie before China. It's a monster with hand gnarled nuts and the like, beautifully engineered and after much elbow grease from me, considerably less rusty now.

It's still a bit heath robinson with the inverter screwed to a wooden post that's clamped to the stand and the potentiometer not yet in situ necessitating speed adjustments with the step function directly on the inverter, but that's all noise because it works and I can turn. All work restoring it stopped when my wife was diagnosed with cancer last year and now that she has the all clear, and the clouds are lifting, I will think about getting it finished.

Trouble is a whole bunch of other jobs have bubbled ahead in the priority queue before I can get that done.

I'm glad my CL4 is going to Stiggy. He's a decent bloke and it will get the continuing tlc and use it deserves. I like the idea of my tools going to good homes :)

Thanks guys, I'm also looking forward to a nice cup o' tea and a biccie when I get to you Rob!

I need some advice (as usual) so I'm bringing a wee pressie for you mate!

:D

All packed up and ready to go to another novice to enjoy!

...maybe we'll see them in here soon!

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 783
Back