Good Woodworking....is it the end...or the beginning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian Dalziel

Established Member
Reaction score
GWW is owned by future and has seen a lot of changes in its structuring recently.
Although i havent written much for a while i have kept in touch with the staff and have been aware of their concerns for the mags future as well as their own.
I understand that this is possibly Nicks last issue and would like to wish him all the best for the future (excuse the pun)
I do believe that there is a possible sale and do hope that it follows through.
I think the majority on here have bought the magazine at least on one or 2 occasions for the helpful advice and excellant tool reviews and i do hope that it continues.
most that write for them are already aware of whats been happening..

my title for the posting is one i really hope is the latter....i still look forward to my read every month....i do hope it continues.

hope it all works out for the good.

regards

Ian

IMHO the magazine was slowly getting better and better under Nick's leadership and it is sad that he is leaving.
On the other hand because he is going back into woodworking full time I am sure he will be very happy working for himself, and I wish him all the best.

As I understand it both Andy King and Phil Davy will still be working for the mag, and so some of the talent will remain.

Lets just hope that what ever happens to GWW it stays the UK's No1 woodworking magazine.

Cheers

Mike

I was shocked to read the latest issue would probably be Nick's last, I had no idea what might be happening behind the scenes!

I'd also like to wish Nick all the best in his next direction - I'm also sure he's looking forward to even more time in the workshop. :wink:

After initial criticism when he first took over as editor, the magazine appeared to be heading in a good direction under Nick's guidance. He was always more than happy to help with any problem I encountered while very grateful for any input I could offer in return.

I hope any changes aren't too drastic and of course, I'm glad to hear people like Andy King and Phil are sticking around.

Best of luck to the new guy. Change isn't always a bad thing, I do hope that applies in this situation. :D

As I spend a good deal of time out of UK the GWW mag is a useful link to the current scene back home and, as has been noted, I think Nick has devised a good 'format' for the mag from about a year back.

It has been 'different' from all the other UK published titles, some of which are not very good. Also, basic things like grammer and photo captions have been improving.

Good luck in your new career Nick, I hope your replacement carries on with the good work.

Latest posts

Back