Good veneerer in North London

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin m

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am planning to get some birch ply veneered with Zebrano veneer on both sides. Leaving the birch ply edges exposed. Has anyone used any veneerers that they are happy to recommend? Thanks Kevin.

I can get you some one tomorrow or I can show you how to do it your self :)
I am in North London too :)

I wanted around three 8 by 4 sheets done. It is for a kitchen so I don't want to try to do it myself but thanks for the offer to show me. Kevin.

Hi Kevin m
Try Shawyer 0208-805 7080
Firms I have worked for have used them for years ( in the yellow pages if you want the address)

Thanks, they were on my shortlist. I have never had any veneering done before and I wanted someone who take some trouble to do a decent job. I think in my original question I should have said all london as I am sure there are some good veneerers in east london I just dont know which ones. thanks again.

Going a bit OT and of no use to the OP (sorry), but does anyone else remember a Veneer factory on the North circular (near the big incinerator in Edmonton) that always used to have a big sign on the road side of the building with their "Veneer of the week" (with the words made up from individual letters, like cinemas used to have) :)

I used to live not far from there as a kid, and always used to look out for it when we drove past on the way to visit relatives who lived nearby...

Jim

Yes its just down the road from me and its called
Shadbolts but I have found that ( and all of the companys I have worked for ) find Shawyers cheaper by alot.
I will find out the number for you Kevin M aas well :)
OP :?

Not sure as its been a while since I have gone pass them :)
Ps what did you mean by OT and OP ( having a slow day, its all this time in the sun ). I am working , just on my back door this week 8)

Colin C":1k1nudz5 said:
Not sure as its been a while since I have gone pass them :)
Ps what did you mean by OT and OP ( having a slow day, its all this time in the sun ).

Off Topic and Original Poster.

HTH,

Jim

Well I went to Capital Crispin over off Carpenters Lane in Stratford way and found it interesting and them friendly. The Zebrano they had was not as straight grained as I wanted and seeing a lot of it I think it might be a bit too much. Poggenpohl kitchens do a Zebrano door on one of their ranges ( not on the website) where they have been very very selective to just use very straight grain veneer and it looked absolutly stunning on a feature wall of cabinets. I was thinking of trying to copy it and now I am not so sure.
Coming home I drove past Shadbolts and the veneer of the week was Straight grained chestnut (I think)
Shadbolt said that they have a minimum order of £1,000 when I phoned them the other day.

Hi Kevin
I have always found Capital Crispin very helpfull ( have been in and out of Crispins before they merged with Capital )
I have a question, is the kitchen for you?
If it is you could use the Zebrano on just a few doors so like you said it is a feature.
that way I think you could use it and it not be to much :)

Back