Good quality wood glue

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jorge Rodrigues

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am looking for a good quality wood glue.

It is for internal use, and for gluing splices onto a snooker cue, so once dry, it will have hi impact.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I don't know about high impact but the best wood glue I've found is Titebond.
I do use polyurethane, epoxy and CA as well, depends what the purpose is.

Bob

Titebond has a lot of fans on here, never used it myself. I like the evostick exterior, I use it for everything really!

I used to swear by the EvoStik until I tried this ...

411_woodGlue-big.png

Epoxy resin- expensive, but so is remaking each cue.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I would like to say a big thank you to all your responses.

I have a good choice now.

I have used evostick and gorrilla

Myfordman":2fnrgpgx said:
Another vote for Everbuild D4

And again for general use.

Never had any problems with PVAs of any brand so why pay OTT. For the cue might go for west system resin as IMO it's the ultimate glue for strength but not cost or convenience.

Only thing I would add to that is be careful what you use for laminating as you need a cross linked PVA or you could suffer long term failure due to creep. Found out this the hard way.

I am currently using Titebond II and I like it, the best thing is the bottle, like the gorilla glue bottle applicator. With the other types I have lost the cap 100% of times, within a few days of opening the bottle. I bought a small bottle and a gallon bottle to refill from.

Beau":15oqnlvb said:
Myfordman":15oqnlvb said:

...you need a cross linked PVA or you could suffer long term failure due to creep.

Which is what the D4 in the name of the Everbuild signifies (durability category D4 of EN204 which PVA can only pass if it is a cross-linking variety,i.e. one for which water is not a solvent after cure).

Jake":ru69ph3r said:
Beau":ru69ph3r said:
Myfordman":ru69ph3r said:

...you need a cross linked PVA or you could suffer long term failure due to creep.

Which is what the D4 in the name of the Everbuild signifies (durability category D4 of EN204 which PVA can only pass if it is a cross-linking variety,i.e. one for which water is not a solvent after cure).

Thanks Jake. I should have known that :oops:

Just to go back to the Titebond.

I've bought loads of different brands of PVA over the years, I'm not using it every day, sometimes weeks between and they all seem to go off.
I sorted my mates workshop after he passed away 3 years ago and kept a couple of bottles of Titebond which I know were a number of years old and have been using it very successfully ever since, used some of the original today in fact and am now at the point where I'm almost out.

Despite the fact I have several bottles of PVA I'll be out next week to buy more as I much prefer it. Grabs quickly and very strong. Just my opinion, we are have our favourites.

Bob

Back