Good cheap clamps?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tombo46

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm after stocking up on some good clamps. Particularly F clamps both small and large. Also would like some parallel clamps. There are tonnes of cheap ones on eBay but I don't want to buy them and feel I've wasted my money. Can anyone recommend any places/brands to me please?

Cheers,

Tom

Keep checking Aldi..they have them now and again and they are really good. They had them a couple of weeks backs, so some branches may still have some.

Giff":3lc8tqoe said:
Keep checking Aldi..they have them now and again and they are really good. They had them a couple of weeks backs, so some branches may still have some.

+1 I bought an arm full last week. They are excellent.

Yeah their good for the money, the f-clamps come with plastic pads that constantly fall off (glue some bits of wood on) other than that they are quite useable.

The problem with clamps is that 'good' and 'cheap' are often mutually exclusive; which is a shame, because who wants to sink several hundred hard-earned beer tokens into a rack of clamps? It's worth buying good ones, though - you'll only have to buy them once.

That said, these are not too bad on price - http://www.tilgear.info/workholding/cla ... l-f-clamps

Another option (that worked well for me in the past) is to keep an eye open for special offers and stock clearances. I picked up a couple of sets of similar F-clamps to those shown above (6" and 12") from a Tilgear clearance a few years ago at very reasonable prices, and they've been among the most useful things I've bought in years.

The silver line f clamps with the black plastic handles are well priced and work well. Not tried the ones that have (what looks like) a red wooden handle.

Popped down to Aldi and they had a few left! Not been in a Supermarket for over a year either. Horrible places aren't they!

If its not too cheeky a quesion, can I ask how much you paid for these items from Aldi?

Rend.

No skills":2b0nsm4a said:
Yes different sets, the 'large' clamps were packs of 2 - smaller ones in boxes of 4/5 for 9.99.

Right you are. These are a decent size. Seem to work well too. Only annoying thing is that out of 16 clamps there's 1 with one of the plastic bits missing. tempted to go back and steal one off another...

Well if your going to spend the petrol money going back you might as well buy some more while you are there :)

Also take your receipt to the shop with the clamp that's missing the bit and I'm sure they will replace it or get a bit off another (assuming they have more of course).

Another vote for the Urko clamps from Tilgear. Excellent quality, well built, and come in a good range of sizes.

I use quick release clamps. I used to buy the expensive Solo brand ones until I came across Duratool ones in CPC on offer at £1.85 each +VAT. So I bought five. So impressed with them I went back and bought another 15 of them :)

The biggest difference so far is that the Duratool ones haven't lost any paint or started to go rusty, unlike the expensive Solo ones. They perform just as well as the Solo ones too.

Last time I picked some up, they came in packs, four different sized ones per pack for a tenner.

They do the same at the same price on five packs of G-clamps so keep your eyes open!

Can't be beaten for the price, and if one fails... at £2.50 a piece, who cares? (Not that any of mine have, yet)

Nic.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Reference Steve's post…I think I read somewhere that Wolfcraft had pulled out of the UK market a few years ago……but on a trip to Spain, visiting my brother in law, I found a whole range of clamps and spring clamps to match existing ones I had…….total purchases though were somewhat curtailed by Ryan Air !

Back